• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pdga #'s

No. You might have people with higher numbers but I wouldn't assume they're all noobs. I've been playing on and off for about 15yrs and this will be the first year I'll have a number. A lot of the guys I play against have years of experience but never saw a benefit to joining.

Agreed, I know quite a few guys that I've played with over the past few years that just joined the PDGA in the last 6 months. But I also know that many of the tourney regulars that I used to play with have now been MIA for awhile. Was pleasantly surprised when looking at BG Ams registration to see someone I know, but haven't seen in 3 years, renewed and registered.

Life definitely happens and many join than find out that tourney play isn't for them and fade away. #28843 here and still playing!

I do. Next time renewal comes up i'm going Eagle club.

They will need the extra money.

From the last board meeting;
As of 1/4/12, we had 3,841 active members
 Compared to 4,014 members at the same time last year
 This represents a 4.5% decrease in memberships thus far in 2012

They will need the extra money.

From the last board meeting;

Quit spreading mud!!! where did you find such information?

The average turnover for addresses is once every five years. So it shouldn't be surprising that people's lives are many times changing or have changed in connection with address changes. I've been a member for 22 years and lived at the same address for 34 years, not that my life hasn't changed in the past 22, although mostly just older.

Note that the 2012 season hadn't even gotten underway yet. I believe they got their 2012 renewal packet completed later than the previous year which likely was a key factor in lower early renewals.

He has a wierd obsession with an organization that he doesn't belong to.

Correction, was a member. But, when your leader pulls crap like the follwing it can be de-moralizing.

Brian Graham was taking personal phone calls while walking with the final group at the USDGC. People were shrugging their shoulders at him and shushing him, but he would just turn around and ignore the people who were doing it.

Correction, was a member. But, when your leader pulls crap like the follwing it can be de-moralizing.

Brian Graham was taking personal phone calls while walking with the final group at the USDGC. People were shrugging their shoulders at him and shushing him, but he would just turn around and ignore the people who were doing it.

Agreed, that is bush league. However, not neccessarily worthy of quitting and starting a campaign to bash them at every opportunity. If you are interested in change, don't you think there are more constructive methods? Your threads (i.e. PDGA's new phones) just come off as a bitter old man that will bitch about anything. It's pretty sad.

Last edited:
Agreed, that is bush league. However, not neccessarily worthy of quitting and starting a campaign to bash them at every opportunity. If you are interested in change, don't you think there are more constructive methods?

Why not...simply leaving the org for our own reasons just leads to others saying we don't support DG. Just because you pay the pDGA piper every time you want to play competitively doesn't mean you are growing the sport of DG. Go support LOCAL clubs, who do much more for the sport than anything by the pDGA recently.

T.Hizzle brings up a lot of good points and things to consider before you consider renewing. Many of you might not like them, but it doesn't change the fact that some of those points are valid.

Why not...simply leaving the org for our own reasons just leads to others saying we don't support DG. Just because you pay the pDGA piper every time you want to play competitively doesn't mean you are growing the sport of DG. Go support LOCAL clubs, who do much more for the sport than anything by the pDGA recently.

T.Hizzle brings up a lot of good points and things to consider before you consider renewing. Many of you might not like them, but it doesn't change the fact that some of those points are valid.

Quitting is a personal decision, that's fine. When did I say anything about growing the sport? I could give a f*** less about that. I'm just saying that his obsession with bashing the PDGA comes off as a bitter vendetta.

Quitting is a personal decision, that's fine. When did I say anything about growing the sport? I could give a f*** less about that. I'm just saying that his obsession with bashing the PDGA comes off as a bitter vendetta.

I guess I can see it that way...you can also look at it as an enlightenment.

Okay. List one.

Oh, and you can do that with your original account Hizzle. We all know that its you.

I guess I can see it that way...you can also look at it as an enlightenment.

I would look at it as enlightenment if every other post wasn't a PDGA slam. Most of his posts are just that, and most are pretty petty. Take a look at his PDGA phone system thread. Most of his bashing was petty as hell. The justification for it in this thread was the Pres talking on the phone at a tournament.......pretty weak. If hre really wanted to be enlightening, he would pick and choose those issues that were really of significance. Otherwise, people just look at him a bitter troll.

Got burned out on tournaments for a number of reasons:
1. After playing AM1 for two seasons, I got loaded up with way more discs that I will ever need.
2. Moved up to Pro, and saw how jaded everyone was, not having fun. I didn't have as much fun playing Pro.
3. Realized I needed to quit job or putt 4 hours a week to make next jump up in skill.
4. Life events made it more difficult to commit to a full weekend day or full weekend.

Tournaments are fun, and I still play 1-2 a year, but I find league play much easier to digest (an evening commitment vs. a full weekend). Also I dig the group-love vibe at league play where you are playing for low stakes at the most, and you really do want to see the other people on your card shoot well. So, yea, league play is where I spend most of my discing time now.

I would look at it as enlightenment if every other post wasn't a PDGA slam. Most of his posts are just that, and most are pretty petty. Take a look at his PDGA phone system thread. Most of his bashing was petty as hell. The justification for it in this thread was the Pres talking on the phone at a tournament.......pretty weak. If hre really wanted to be enlightening, he would pick and choose those issues that were really of significance. Otherwise, people just look at him a bitter troll.

Why don't you do the normal thing and just ignore him. I've read though a lot of his pDGA posts and found that a few posts later you go on a whine about him posting...why don't you save yourself a few keystrokes and move on.