• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA survey

Status
Not open for further replies.

BionicRib

* Ace Member *
Some pretty personal questions being asked here. Anybody else take a look at this survey and wonder why some of these questions are being asked?

Some pretty personal questions being asked here. Anybody else take a look at this survey and wonder why some of these questions are being asked?
There's a long discussion of this over in the Politics subforum.

Long story short, the personal questions seem to have a rationale (correlating political alignment) though I question whether they serve a purpose that serves the PDGA's stated goal for the survey. My biggest problems are with the general unprofessional quality of the survey (poorly constructed prompts, clearly not proofread, etc). But yeah, politics subforum - we've been discussing it all morning.

I had to search for this conversation here when I saw the survey. There is talk in the water cooler politics section. Which actually says a LOT about the quality of the survey that it popped up first in politics.

I for one didn't believe initially it was actually put out by the PDGA. I am not going to do the survey and a lot of people I know that were put off by the questions also did not finish the survey as it strays very far from what I consider DG related questions. I will be sending more messages to the PDGA and informing them why the survey is going to be skewed in results.

I had to search for this conversation here when I saw the survey. There is talk in the water cooler politics section. Which actually says a LOT about the quality of the survey that it popped up first in politics.

I for one didn't believe initially it was actually put out by the PDGA. I am not going to do the survey and a lot of people I know that were put off by the questions also did not finish the survey as it strays very far from what I consider DG related questions. I will be sending more messages to the PDGA and informing them why the survey is going to be skewed in results.

I questioned the authenticity also

There's a long discussion of this over in the Politics subforum.

Long story short, the personal questions seem to have a rationale (correlating political alignment) though I question whether they serve a purpose that serves the PDGA's stated goal for the survey. My biggest problems are with the general unprofessional quality of the survey (poorly constructed prompts, clearly not proofread, etc). But yeah, politics subforum - we've been discussing it all morning.

I didn't even think to look in the politics forum for this before I posted. Mods you can delete this thread if you see fit

Here in Europe we are very worried after seeing those questions.

Worried about what? That's a very general statement. You're worried they're going to change their stand? You're worried they're secretly gathering your demographic information? You're worried they're going to ban transexual men?

You really have to wonder why those were included.

I'm not sure there's much to wonder. They want to hear people's opinions, but they also likely want to know which demographics have that opinion.

As an example...if you find out that the vast majority of people who don't want a trans individual competing in FPO come from a super religious right-leaning political spectrum...then that might drive what you're doing. Maybe you want to cater to that group, maybe you don't care about catering to that group, maybe you use that information to understand how future changes might be perceived, etc.

When you send surveys, the goal is typically to gather ALL the information you might conceive of even wanting to use in the future. You don't want to send multiple surveys...you ask all the questions you might want to look at later.

disproportionately not transgender-focused

"Justin Menickelli, PhD ... We need your opinion on transgender participation in disc golf. ... This university research study questionnaire linked below is about transgender people's participation in sport. ... The summary results of the survey may be used to inform PDGA policies or published in an academic journal."

The first couple pages, which did ask about the transgenders issues, was kinda on point, but could have been better.

The remainder? I thought I was being mined/trolled for my political/social/religious/etc views, which shouldn't necessarily be correlated to my transgender-related responses.

And for the record, I want my kids to be both well-mannered AND considerate! :\

I laughed hysterically at some of those questions. Thankfully, I identify as a 23 year old far left marxist gay black man.

Years ago, Toyota used to give out surveys with crazy questions similar to this. You can't answer them honestly or you will be a target. Plus, they throw out certain responses based on the demographic answers. These questions are "filters".

This should be the final nail in the coffin of the PDGA's credibility.

Last edited:
"Justin Menickelli, PhD ... We need your opinion on transgender participation in disc golf. ... This university research study questionnaire linked below is about transgender people's participation in sport. ... The summary results of the survey may be used to inform PDGA policies or published in an academic journal."

The first couple pages, which did ask about the transgenders issues, was kinda on point, but could have been better.

The remainder? I thought I was being mined/trolled for my political/social/religious/etc views, which shouldn't necessarily be correlated to my transgender-related responses.

And for the record, I want my kids to be both well-mannered AND considerate! :\

I questioned whether Justin was trolling us also.

I laughed hysterically at some of those questions. Thankfully, I identify as a 23 year old far left marxist gay black man.

Years ago, Toyota used to give out surveys with crazy questions similar to this. You can't answer them honestly or you will be a target. Plus, they throw out certain responses based on the demographic answers. These questions are "filters".

This should be the final nail in the coffin of the PDGA's credibility.

It wouldn't surprise me if an organization founded by and for hippies would want to avoid catering to the anti hippie crowd, but still care what the hippies think.

Worried, that this is "the survey". Survey from university, from PHD. WTF???
How 90% of those questions are important to the issue in hand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts