• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PDGA/UDISC/DiscGolfScene Course Directory vs DGCR vs Infinite courses

In my limited experience with them, DGCR is superior to the PDGA and UDisc course directories in many ways. Certainly in the ways that matter to me. I don't see a merger changing that.

In the long run, who knows? If they create a better mousetrap, a better course directory that DGCR, it will be a pretty awesome one, indeed.

What makes DGCR great is the user contributed content is so much better than any of those. For whatever reason timg has managed to create a system the encourages quality reviews and quality content. Sure, there are a lot of crap reviews here but the percentage of good reviews and content is far superior. I've used Udisc frequently for scoring purposes and also finding courses. While the scoring function is great there is a lot of garbage as well. On one particular trip had I used DGCR instead of Udisc I wouldn't have wasted an hour driving to and from a non-existent course a few months ago. Sure, they might be able to create a larger directory but IMHO it will never have the quality content that DGCR has.

Yeah true, but DGCR has too many holier than thou ratings from guys who think a sub par tee sign means a course maxes out at a 2 star rating. The truth is usually in between the two.

Fortunately, they state this so you can disregard their rating, unlike a reviewless rater who can just give a number, without explanation. And once a course has a significant number of ratings/reviews, those non-mainstream opinions are diluted to insignificance.

Latest posts