• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pedestrian Counter on the Course?

I know of a course in Wisconsin that uses a trail camera to take snaps every 30 seconds which is sufficient to get a decent count including time of day patterns.

I like the idea, but a trail cam like Chuck mentioned sounds even better.
The real question is, "How much these cost vs. a trail cam?"

I know of a course in Wisconsin that uses a trail camera to take snaps every 30 seconds which is sufficient to get a decent count including time of day patterns.

Curious what course this is.....
Guessing a northern one.

I was told that Leverich Park in Vancouver, WA used an infrared camera on hole 7 to do a count. They mounted it on a mando light pole. I'm not sure about details, but it might be worth looking into.

Last edited:
The specs indicate operating temperatures of -40 to 104 F. Having grown up in Chicago, I wonder how they keep the well from freezing. Is it heated internally?

The advantage of a dedicated people counter is that the stats are automatically compiled and available to anyone who has access. For the trail cam, you have to go through all of the images and extrapolate the data. Seems like a chore. Although at a much lower cost. I'm looking at this from more of a park dept. infrastructure investment. Having usage stats would help out the parks dept. when deciding which park activities are successful and deserve more funding.

Latest posts