• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

People who play like disc golf zombies

When I step up for my turn I know the line I want to shoot for and I have the disc I need in hand. As for reacting to the shot, I'll react more to another person's shot than my own. When my shot is good, I'll often just nod. When it's bad I usually just shake my head and curse a little.

There are a couple players I see on my home course that don't even stop and throw from there lie they just pick up there disc and keep walking and throw. There not new players either, They have been playing there for quite a few years. Pretty crazy sh''t.:confused:

I do that when I'm playing a speed round.

If playing solo, this is pretty normal, no? I squeeze in quick rounds between work and family duties, to get some fresh air and quiet, while getting some well needed practice.
Now, in a group of 2 or more, that would be a little weird, unless they re pretty high. :)

If playing solo, this is pretty normal, no? I squeeze in quick rounds between work and family duties, to get some fresh air and quiet, while getting some well needed practice.
Now, in a group of 2 or more, that would be a little weird, unless they re pretty high. :)

The mary juana could totally be a factor there lol

and god bless 'em

Don't forget beer zombies. Those guys are always fun when you're card is the one stuck behind them. :sick:

When I see it, it is almost always 2 high school age girls.

Where do you see this at all? I'm still a noob, but seeing any all female group would be a first for me, much less 2 x high school girls by themselves.

And as a father of a 20 yr old daughter, I have NEVER seen 2 teen girls together that were emotionless/quiet--not withstanding the possibility of being highly medicated--and in that state, they aren't quiet either unless they are passed out.

This describes me after a long day of bagging courses... after the 4th or 5th course I dont even take my bag off, and throw a stretch of holes with just a Leopard, barely taking the time to line up my next throw. Definitely zombie mode.

This describes me after a long day of bagging courses... after the 4th or 5th course I dont even take my bag off, and throw a stretch of holes with just a Leopard, barely taking the time to line up my next throw. Definitely zombie mode.

Hmm, sure you're not a high school girl?! :|

If you were to watch me play, you'll wonder who was I racing (I've been asked, as in teasing). The two courses I know like the back of my hand, I'm moving at a fast pace for the exercise, and pretty much just set up and throw at about 45 mins a round. At other courses, I'll take a moment before throwing to figure it out.

Hmm....I dunno...

*skeptical*

I've played a round with Martin and he probably thought I was a high school aged girl with a goatee. Weird right?

But I only Putt at an Elementary School level. Preschool actually.

☹️

I'm not too dissimilar to what a lot of you have described. I sometimes give a clap or fist pump after a good drive or give some light profanity-free commentary on bad drives, but I rarely celebrate putts; I just pick up my mini and walk away. For me, I just finished a good shot, so I'm getting focused for the next hole. But believe me, I'm celebrating internally.

I'm not too dissimilar to what a lot of you have described. I sometimes give a clap or fist pump after a good drive or give some light profanity-free commentary on bad drives, but I rarely celebrate putts; I just pick up my mini and walk away. For me, I just finished a good shot, so I'm getting focused for the next hole. But believe me, I'm celebrating internally.

I'd be willing to wager that there is a focus to your game, and more intentionality. I wasn't too specific but I did have in mind the less focused, more shambling types.

I feel personally attacked by this lol. I display some emotion in front of people, but on solo rounds or with just friends Inplay pretty subdued.

I may occasionally be too far on the other side of the spectrum. Intensely focused, dropping a loud f-bomb then realizing a family with kids is 300 feet away and they heard me. Fist pumping great shots, falling down and rolling on the ground when I get a bad break, screaming "no why meeeee!!!"

lol, Maybe I exaggerated that last bit.

I feel personally attacked by this lol. I display some emotion in front of people, but on solo rounds or with just friends Inplay pretty subdued.

I think most people that play alot do. Overreacting to everything gets tiring quickly.

But yeah, especially when I am playing alone. I didn't even react much to my first ever ace, lol. Because I was playing through a huge group of people I didn't know. I was 10 feet off the tee box already when it hit chains. I gave one little fist pump, turned and said "thanks guys, have a good one", while they were all screaming about it.

This thread strikes me as a bit of an assumption that we know what's going on in someone else's head, and a bit of the presumption that there is one right way to enjoy disc golf -- "the way I do" -- and something wrong with those who enjoy it differently.

Every watch baseball? Or -- I shudder to mention it -- golf? Not a lot of displays of emotions, good or bad. Doesn't mean there's not a lot of emotion out there.

And, yeah, if I'm playing a course I've played a thousand times, I pretty much know my disc selection and well long before I arrive at a tee or my disc.