• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Perfect Putt 360

kette_master

Bogey Member
Let me start out by saying that I've tried many putting games to help with my consistency, confidence, and muscle memory. I dedicate myself to putting practice on a regular basis, and I also consider myself a decent putter. Perfect Putt 360 is a combination of many putting practice routines. I've been playing the game for about a month now - it WORKS! What I like most about the game is that your first and last putt from the designated distance, if you make them, add to your score. This helps to put the pressure on you, as in a tournament round, to make both of them. Also, if you make all of your putts you get extra points.

The instructions are included with the scorecard. Most important is that the player must step off of the putting mark and reset between each putt. No rapid fire putting! :eek:

Putting game mentioned in the new Climo & Feldberg video . (btw... the video is well worth the $$) Here is the scorecard.

Damn Climo has some ears on that cover. (I wonder if he heard me type that)

This looks like a great game. I've been trying to get my buddies to do putting games before we start each round, but no one ever wants to. This should be a good head to head that we can wager on

Let me start out by saying that I've tried many putting games to help with my consistency, confidence, and muscle memory. I dedicate myself to putting practice on a regular basis, and I also consider myself a decent putter. Perfect Putt 360 is a combination of many putting practice routines. I've been playing the game for about a month now - it WORKS! What I like most about the game is that your first and last putt from the designated distance, if you make them, add to your score. This helps to put the pressure on you, as in a tournament round, to make both of them. Also, if you make all of your putts you get extra points.

The instructions are included with the scorecard. Most important is that the player must step off of the putting mark and reset between each putt. No rapid fire putting! :eek:

Putting game mentioned in the new Climo & Feldberg video . (btw... the video is well worth the $$) Here is the scorecard.

This looks great. Thanks for sharing it.

Thanks for sharing that. I'm looking forward to giving this game a shot.

For some reason, all I get when I click on the link for the scorecard is a bunch of goobledygook. Can anyone help me with this. PS. it opens in Wordpad on my wife's laptop. Haven't tried it on my desktop yet.

That is a cool sounding idea. It is also fun to invent your own game:

My 3 friends and I play a game that uses driving, approaching, and putting.

Driving- Everyone takes 3 drivers and throws as far as they can from the same spot.
Everyone takes their longest. longest gets 5 points, 2nd gets 3, 3rd- 1, 4th- 0

Approaching- Grab 3 mid-ranges, pick a target and a spot to throw from. After everyone throws their 3, you eliminate your closest and farthest (rewards consistency). Closest middle throw gets 5 points, then 3, 1, 0.

Putting- Use 1 putter. Choose three lies of varying distances (10', 20', 30'). The object is to make each putt in as few tries as possible. Total the shots. Fewest gets 5 points, then 3,1,0.

This is pretty fun, a good warm-up that addresses all areas of the game, and actually doesn't take too long. You can even play it away from the course in a field with a practice basket.

Can't wait to try 360 too!

That is a cool sounding idea. It is also fun to invent your own game:

My 3 friends and I play a game that uses driving, approaching, and putting.

Driving- Everyone takes 3 drivers and throws as far as they can from the same spot.
Everyone takes their longest. longest gets 5 points, 2nd gets 3, 3rd- 1, 4th- 0

Approaching- Grab 3 mid-ranges, pick a target and a spot to throw from. After everyone throws their 3, you eliminate your closest and farthest (rewards consistency). Closest middle throw gets 5 points, then 3, 1, 0.

Putting- Use 1 putter. Choose three lies of varying distances (10', 20', 30'). The object is to make each putt in as few tries as possible. Total the shots. Fewest gets 5 points, then 3,1,0.

This is pretty fun, a good warm-up that addresses all areas of the game, and actually doesn't take too long. You can even play it away from the course in a field with a practice basket.

Can't wait to try 360 too!

This sounds good, have you notice an improvement in your or your friends game because of this?

thanks for the link, I'll give it a shot. Maybe we'll include it as a game in the next tourney!

Thanks, I appreciate the help. We used to set up temp baskets and just shoot back and forth until we ran out of discs- then do it again to the other basket. Drinking is usually involved - helps balance.

i just played my first round of perfect putt 360. i scored a 105. putting is probably the weakest part of my game, so the low score doesn't surprise me. i really enjoyed the format, and it gives a good way of creating your "no stress" and "confidence" zones, and helping to identify the areas of your putting that you should focus on. hopefully, the scores will start to go up as i play more. it is a fun way to practice!

Any power Excel users out there? It would be awesome to create a spreadsheet that can be updated with the scores and info (wind, ground slope). That way, you could measure your progress and where you need to work.

Super Idea, We'll Do It

Any power Excel users out there? It would be awesome to create a spreadsheet that can be updated with the scores and info (wind, ground slope). That way, you could measure your progress and where you need to work.

We're planning to give you the ability to track scores online, so you can keep track of stats. Other cool features, too, just have to get it all programmed up. Any particular features you'd like to see??

I have to say that Perfect Putt helped my game tremendously and I'm no newbie. After a month or so of playing just about every day, I played in a tournament around here (a local C tier thing) and was SHOCKED to have become the guy who makes all his putts. It was surreal. The putter didn't hit the ground inside 30' and I coasted wire to wire. Seriously, I've never had that experience before.

Best game for me so far 212. C'mon, beat me, post your score. :)

We're planning to give you the ability to track scores online, so you can keep track of stats. Other cool features, too, just have to get it all programmed up. Any particular features you'd like to see??

I'd like to be able to 'see' where my weaknesses and strengths are. eg. Putting with a right-to-left, light, crosswind on a minimum up ground slope from 25'. I'd also like to be able to 'see' percentages of first-in and last-in for each distance.

It would be great if you used the diagram (Fig. 1) from this article to label the "wind directions".

btw... I recorded my highest score today @ 183! :D

Latest posts