• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Perfect timing!

The Mickstar

Berg Gang
I had the day off yesterday, so decided to hit my local for a couple of rounds. This course is only a mile or so from my house, so I play it often.

On Hole 2 of my first round, the grounds crew moved the basket as soon as I putted-out. Then, I skipped Hole 4 because they were moving the basket. I finished my round and noticed that a handful of other baskets had been moved since last time I played a few days ago.

Long story short... On my second round, all of the remaining baskets had been moved, as well. I had an almost entirely different course to play, included three holes with basket positions that I had never played (i.e. they hadn't been used used since I started playing last April).

It was amazing! :)

cool story bro, glad your stoked. probably didn't need it's own thread. coulda just posted in how u play today. i have the keys to a course, so i could make this happen at any point.
but here we are, perfect timing!... let's see... on my way home from the course the other day i saw deer crossing a frozen pond & the lead deer falls through (near the edge, i'm sure it was fine).
a couple weeks ago, i put a disc in the river; perfect timing for that, as the water was low & what would normally be a lost disc in very deep water, was able to get back with a retriever.

Aside from the two holes I mentioned, I never even saw THEM. THEY were very stealth.

cool story bro, glad your stoked. probably didn't need it's own thread. coulda just posted in how u play today. i have the keys to a course, so i could make this happen at any point.
but here we are, perfect timing!... let's see... on my way home from the course the other day i saw deer crossing a frozen pond & the lead deer falls through (near the edge, i'm sure it was fine).
a couple weeks ago, i put a disc in the river; perfect timing for that, as the water was low & what would normally be a lost disc in very deep water, was able to get back with a retriever.

Did someone pee in your cereal this morning or what?

my version of perfect timing was around 2016ish getting to play the IDGC courses a couple days before the HOF classic and getting to check out the flymart, meet Terry, watch Mcbeth practice putting for a while and play through MJ and Holly doing a practice round. That was my one and only time to play IDGC, just happened to be that week.

Same thing happened at the lions course in Temple TX 2015ish. I stopped there to bag the course on a road trip and see the Socki-mobile as I'm parking. Soon I realize the pros are all there practicing for whatever that tourney was (precurser to belton and austin open?). Was able to run through in my typical speed and meet Drew G, Uli, Ricky and Cat on some random hole and get some of my discs signed. Still have my signed CAT M4 and Ricky F1 up on the wall. Lost my Drew and Uli discs :(

No chance in hell a rec scrub like myself is even sniffing those courses during a practice week these days

Cool story bro.

Latest posts