• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Perforated Vinyl?

yawpstang64

Double Eagle Member
Has anyone ever tried using perforated vinyl, like the kind they put on bus windows? Unfortunately its pretty expensive (24" for $4/ft, a brand called ClearFocus), and my sign supply didn't have any scraps, or anything shorter than 20 ft that they'd sell me. It would make an awesome effect if it works well though, like the old school comic coloring.

picture.php

If your looking for a precut vinyl with hundreds of little circles in a row on top of row, on top of row . Enough to cover one disc. Any plotter/cutter can do this for you. I'll sell you one $7.50 shipped.

Thats a good solution for the effect, probably a bitch to weed though =D

Not so bad it all depends on how small the dots are and how big of a area your shading :\.Roy Lichtenstein pop art it a technique called halftoning. Do a Google Image search on him or halftoning and you will come up with some cool stuff using dots. Good luck and let me know if there is anything that I can do for you. Peace.

I get this stuff by 3M on a 54" wide roll at my work. PM me with how much you want and I'll sell it to you for cheap.

I also have access to the following:
3M Controltac
3M Scotchcal (clear)
and another one I can't remember right now.

Latest posts