• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Personal top 100

Martin Dewgarita

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
I've put together a list of my personal favorite courses, 106 courses (so far) have made the list. I'm using this list to help me write reviews of my favorite courses, this list will be some combination of my 4-5 disc rated courses. I gave up taking notes long ago, so my reviews are going to be less detailed than previously, but I still want to share my knowledge and experience with the public.

My list is up for discussion, both the courses that made the list and the order - if you can spark my memory, I've probably forgotten some that belong on the list, or forgotten why once course is better than another.

I'd like to see other's lists as well, if you're so inclined to make a top 100 list, show it off here.

Top 106 list

Wow. I have trouble enough deciding on a personal Top-10 (My Top-6 come easily, but after that it's a tangle). On the other hand, a personal Top-100 would be easy for me; I'd just toss out the worst dozen or so I've played.

Your lists makes me long to play Highbridge Hills all the more.

Very interesting!!!! played a decent amount of the ones on your list.. plan on using that as a baseline for must plays.. Thanks a bunch sir

Man you get it done don't you... was awesome to see you and Forest at Justin Trails. See ya around somewhere soon I'm sure :hfive:

1. Conifer
2. Hidden Lake
3. BRP
4. Bailey
5. Spearfish Canyon
6. Paegent Hill
7. Bryant
8. Kaposia
9. Standing Rocks
10. Sunnyside
11. Ewing
12. Big Sioux
13. Tuthill

Those are the courses of my 189 played that I felt matched up to your top courses of your 1000 played.

I've played 46 on your list and am fairly sure they would all be on a similar list of mine. Interesting that many of them would be high on my list as well; even in cases where they are not as highly rated per this site; as you (and evidently myself) would rate them....

I also like Martin's criteria for rating courses. It makes me want to paste this list into my wishlist.

I wonder if we'll get a Bottom-10 list as well. In a thousand courses there must be some real duds.

I agree with the Bear at Highbridge being so high, that course whooped me and I wanted more, my favorite there with The Woodlands 2nd

I presume Hidden Lake on several lists is the one near St. Cloud, MN. There's a Hidden Lake near the Lemon Lake Flight Center that will become better known (not a top 100) to some divisions during Pro Worlds next year.

I presume Hidden Lake on several lists is the one near St. Cloud, MN. There's a Hidden Lake near the Lemon Lake Flight Center that will become better known (not a top 100) to some divisions during Pro Worlds next year.

That is the case with mine and I assume, Martin's.

A few more have made the list of 110 now.

Yeah, Hidden Lake is my favorite in MN, haven't played the other one.

Glad you all are able to appreciate this info. Now if I do 5 reviews a day, I'll be done in 20 days.

I totally agree with your very high ratings of both Leviathan and Rollin' Ridge. While I greatly enjoyed Justin Trails (Big Bro as well as Original...whose greens I thought were vastly superior) I think you have it rated too highly. :p

Also, Lol at LL gold at 100. I didn't see Sky High. Did I miss it or have you not played it? I would imagine that somewhere on the list.

Just curious as to why Flyboy isn't on there for you? Not a critique, just interested.

Sky High I have not played.

Flyboy Definitely belongs near the top of the list, I wrote the list to help me rank and rate the courses to write reviews, so I stuck with listed courses for this list.

Flip at 55 is pretty low. ouch, that hurts deep! ha ha, I need to play some of the top courses you have on the list. Congratulations on playing 1000 courses, thats an amazing feat...and thanks for all your stories and feedback on the site. keep it up.

Latest posts