• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Phenix quad shocks or DGA gel strapz??

sschrief68

Just bought a Gorilla boy Silverback and am very happy with it. At some point I would like to upgrade to quads but I don't really know much about them. Anyone have any personal reviews or feedback to share to help with my decision?

Phenix quads rock.

The DGA feel like they might be comfier, but I've heard a lot of people saying that theirs broke so I steered clear.

I got Gel Strapz last month and the catcher on the chest clasp broke after 3 rounds. I had to reach out to DGA twice before someone responded, but by then I had already duct taped the area in question and it's now better than ever.

Those two issues aside, they're very very comfy. Very.

Have had my quads for 7 or 8 years and they are great. No big problems, just one little seam tear bout 1/2 inch which was easy to fix. Heard many horror stories about the dga

Go to Home Depot and buy these. They are the same exact straps as the DGA Gels (simply rebranded) with more features (cellphone pouch and carabiner) for only $29.00.

Go to Home Depot and buy these. They are the same exact straps as the DGA Gels (simply rebranded) with more features (cellphone pouch and carabiner) for only $29.00.
Nice find.

Yeah, I saw prerube post these the day after I bought my Gel Strapz :( Such is life.

I recently was trying to decide what straps to buy and ended up getting the Phenix Quads. My main reason was that they connected with carabiners and not clips built into the straps.

do you use those jrawk they look great

Yes i use them but i can't take credit for finding them. MotoDJ posted about them a while back and I took his recommendation. After recieving them, I was dumbfounded by how similar they were to the DGA straps, and have been on a quest to inform the uninformed buyers. ;)

Both Prerube and NYGfanInVA have gotten them after trying on mine and are both very satisfied.

Yes i use them but i can't take credit for finding them. MotoDJ posted about them a while back and I took his recommendation. After recieving them, I was dumbfounded by how similar they were to the DGA straps, and have been on a quest to inform the uninformed buyers. ;)

Both Prerube and NYGfanInVA have gotten them after trying on mine and are both very satisfied.
Has anybody used those for over a year? It seems to me that at some point the gel would break down.

I've been using Phenix Quads for over a year and a half now. I doubt I will ever use a single strap again. I have heard of quality issues with all brands (including Phenix). Phenix was super quick on the ball to fix their quality problems because they valued their reputation as the number one maker of backpack style straps. the DGA gel straps do look interesting. Fade also has their own version out now that includes a rain cover. but my vote stays with Phenix.

I've had my Phenix Quads since December '07. I haven't had any problems. I usually play a pretty strenuous course and I have a Kong full of discs. If something was going to happen I'm sure it already would have.

Has anybody used those for over a year? It seems to me that at some point the gel would break down.

I haven't dissected mine to find out but i assume the "gel" is the material in Dr. Schol's Gel soles.

Massaging_Gel_Heel_Cushions_LRG.gif

Those things last for years and i'm pretty sure they go through more abuse than shoulder straps.

FYI, the Brown Bag straps are available through amazon as well, with free super saver shipping. A few bucks cheaper, too.

Latest posts