• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Phenix quad shocks or DGA gel strapz??

Yeah i got mine on amazon. They were recently on sale at Home Depot for 19.99 (2 weeks ago).
Sonofa...
Today I bought a new fade tourny bag, and spent two hours trying every hardware store in the area to find something that would work. At this point, the $5 difference to the DGA straps seems reasonable.

Go to Home Depot and buy these. They are the same exact straps as the DGA Gels (simply rebranded) with more features (cellphone pouch and carabiner) for only $29.00.

Woah. I've been thinking about some straps. :thmbup:

The Gel in the DGA gels strapz aren't Dr Schols gel. Lmao, they're surgical gel absorbers. Used primarily in surgeries to soak up blood and excess fluids, and promote coagulation.

But, the first and second round of DGA Gels were poop. The third have been fantastic and are holding up very well. All of the quality control issues that they were having have been addressed and they are now quite good straps. There are two problems with the DGA strapz that I've had problems with. ALSO, those of you considering the Tool Riders, they are identical to the DGA Gel strapz, and SUFFER THE SAME PROBLEMS.

These two problems are that the gel straps are rough as hell on your arms taking your bag on and off, especially if you're playing shirtless. Just don't be a panzy, and this isn't much of a problem.
The real problem is the strap adjusters are plastic, they're ****. The Bag doesn't stay put without some sort of MacGyvering to keep them from self-adjusting during transport. The bag constantly shifts and unless you leave all four straps fully extended they won't stay where you put them. I eventually took large safety pins and put them under the adjusters on all four straps. Other than those to problems these straps are just as comfortable and durable as my old Phenix Quads.

If the Quad shocks are just as durable and comfortable then why did you change to a strap that has problems?

I have more than one bag, lol. I got a new bag, figured I'd try out new straps too? Hrmm....

The real problem is the strap adjusters are plastic, they're ****. The Bag doesn't stay put without some sort of MacGyvering to keep them from self-adjusting during transport. The bag constantly shifts and unless you leave all four straps fully extended they won't stay where you put them. I eventually took large safety pins and put them under the adjusters on all four straps.

I did safety pin mine shortly after first use as well. "MacGyvering" is a stretch. I have all 4 adjusters as short as they can go. It doesn't shift anywhere.

I've done the same thing to my DGA straps that I did to my Phenix Quads - I get them where I want them and then wrapped the sliders neatly with Black Electrical Tape.

I should probably add that the included clasps on the DGA's aren't bad at all. They are quite sturdy and aren't all that hard to get into most bag attachment points. But, carabiners are really easier to use, and are easily replaceable if you're just beyond rough on straps.

I have had my Phoenix Quad Shocks for just about a year now, and I have had no problems at all. Never will use a single strap again.

Latest posts