• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Phoenix courses

bayouace

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Old guy of 72, 829 rated, looking for fun course near I-17 at W. Dunlap in Phoenix for end of April play. Will have rental car. In great walking shape. Thanks.

I like Freedom dgc in Mesa. It is a grass course with lots of old trees. It cost $5 to play, but I think it's well worth it. Fountain Hills dgc is another nice one. Freedom is probably about a half hour away from where you are, and Fountain Hills is at least 45 minutes. Buffalo Ridge has a great course, but there is a lot of hiking uphill in desert terrain, and it can get pretty tiring. If you want to try a desert course while you are here I'd recommend Paseo Vista. Paseo Vista is much easier to walk than Buffalo Ridge.

Last edited:
Thanks. Great suggestions. Buffalo Ridge might tear up my discs, like Quartzite did.

Los Olivos is a simple 9, probably only about 20 minutes. Course is grassy and almost totally flat. It plays in the open and through an old olive orchard. It was a fun play. Nothing special, but fun nonetheless.

Thanks. Great suggestions. Buffalo Ridge might tear up my discs, like Quartzite did.

I had a separate bag for buffalo ridge when I lived down the street. MVP discs would withstand the abuse, while even putting discs from other brands was perilous.

Latest posts