• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Phoenix DG Courses

Buffalo ridge would be where I would go

grass courses or desert? We have both. i would play papago with the time avail. directions are hard to follo0w as the course hard to find. pm me i can lead you or direct u as needed.

Buffalo ridge would be where I would go

I would agree. It really gives you a feel for the land that Phoenix has to offer. They added 9 more holes there so that would help. Fountain Hillls is a bit outside of Phoenix area, buut also nice in it's own way.

Papago is good, (a bit hard to follow, especially on the back, unless that has been fixed), but I enjoyed this course more than buffalo ridge - a bit more variety in technical shots with some OB thrown in, while buffalo has lots of open airspace and elevation.

I was in Papago in the summer and it was a little hard to follow on the back end. Its a much tighter course in the beginning that opens up on the back side.

Vista and Papago are both pretty close to the airport. Vista is better IMO. 7-8 hours would give you plenty of time to travel to and play both.

Scottsdale does, hit "Spinners On the Green" on the way out to the Fountain. The 12th tee of "Vista del Camino" is a short walk away. We jump in there. Sky Harbour to Spinners, 20 mins, 30 mins in the store, two hours to play Vista. 45 mins to Fountain Hills, 2 hours to play there, an hour back to Sky Harbour. Well within 8 hours, played 2 great courses and went shopping at a awesome disc golf store.

That's how I would do it.

Scottsdale does, hit "Spinners On the Green" on the way out to the Fountain. The 12th tee of "Vista del Camino" is a short walk away. We jump in there. Sky Harbour to Spinners, 20 mins, 30 mins in the store, two hours to play Vista. 45 mins to Fountain Hills, 2 hours to play there, an hour back to Sky Harbour. Well within 8 hours, played 2 great courses and went shopping at a awesome disc golf store.

That's how I would do it.
Those are two nice courses, but you can play park courses in any state. If you are in Arizona you should play at least one desert course...a course you can't get anywhere else....Buffalo Ridge is the ticket!!!

Even though I enjoy park courses, and the Fountain and Vista are good courses, I would have to agree with Sunday Mike. If it is an "Arizona Experience" you want, you might want to play a desert course as he says however we are talking ROCKS and cacti, bushes, dirt and dust. Much more like what this area looks like than say lush green grass and (sic) water.

as a Canuck who was in the area recently and having played Vista and Buffalo my vote would go to Buffalo
I didn't get to Mouer Park (sp? Papago)...I had time but based on the reviews although I was very interested in the front the lack of clarity on the back put me off

Vista is a nice course but a little flat and boring...other than the small water risk

Buffalo had elevation change, a fair amount of shrubbery to deal with

I found Buffalo to be a more challenging and interesting course

DONT PHX, FLG! - phx courses are very very average, why do you think the phoenicians constantly come up to play in flagstaff. . . cottonwood isnt too bad if you have some time to travel

Last edited: