• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Physical Flight bags

I had wondered how tight the putter pocket would be, and it is perfect for one putter, but for me it is too tight for two and a mini. I think I will have to start keeping my main approach putter in the main compartment. Even if it would stretch over time I hate when the putters and the mini get wedged together at the bottom of the pocket. I think I can get used to it with just one putter.

I also wondered how effective the left/right divider would be. It seemed to me that if you had all the discs on one side it would be unbalanced. I tried it out and it's not bad. 9 discs in one side but 2 were putters and 4 were mids, so the 10-15 is accurate. I threw an XL hoodie in the other side (Pic 2)and there was still room for a pair of wind pants or a couple discs. Seems like a good feature for winter, but I'm not sure what you would use it for in the summer because you can't close it without closing the whole compartment. It's about the right side for a soft sided insulated lunch box. Definitely cooler mod potential.

Then I loaded the bag up with 21 in the main compartment (pic 1)and that consisted of 2 putters, 4 mids, 6 fairway, and 9 distance. That's way more than I would ever need. In my mahal I usually keep 14 in the main compartment and 2 putters in the putter pocket. Depending on the conditions/course I may carry some extras in the side pockets (up to 5 in a tournament). With the Contender in the summer I may just keep them all in the main compartment and use the side pockets for towels etc...

The putter pocket will stretch and quite quickly too. When you aren't on the course just keep two random putters in there then replace it with your normal putters when you play. You will have that pocket stretched in no time

I will test it when i get home tonight but those pockets are deceptively big

Sorry, dg, but there is no way anyone is getting an adult hoodie in the side pockets. I really tried and couldn't get more than 2/3 of it in.

I also noticed that these pockets play nice with the bottle holders which is awesome, but the small open pockets behind them get swallowed up if you stuff them too full like in pic 1. Couldn't even fit a towel if you filled it this much. If you just keep a few discs in those pockets or a few miscellaneous items you can keep a towel in the small pocket...which I think is a good place for a towel. They also hold a stool nicely (pic 2). I have a feeling these pockets will be great at catching rain when empty (pic 3) ;) I haven't figured out what to put in the tiny zippered pockets. They could hold a wallet but I don't think I would do that.

Attachments

• Hoodie.jpg
    Hoodie.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 48
  • Stool.jpg
    Stool.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 46
  • Empty.jpg
    Empty.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 43
Sorry, dg, but there is no way anyone is getting an adult hoodie in the side pockets. I really tried and couldn't get more than 2/3 of it in.

I also noticed that these pockets play nice with the bottle holders which is awesome, but the small open pockets behind them get swallowed up if you stuff them too full like in pic 1. Couldn't even fit a towel if you filled it this much. If you just keep a few discs in those pockets or a few miscellaneous items you can keep a towel in the small pocket...which I think is a good place for a towel. They also hold a stool nicely (pic 2). I have a feeling these pockets will be great at catching rain when empty (pic 3) ;) I haven't figured out what to put in the tiny zippered pockets. They could hold a wallet but I don't think I would do that.
How thick is the hoodie? Maybe a lighter hoodie or wind breaker?

It is a particularly think hoodie. This is the only hoodie I own, so others may actually be more compact.

You can definitely fit a windbreaker :)

It is a particularly think hoodie. This is the only hoodie I own, so others may actually be more compact.

You can definitely fit a windbreaker :)

Good to know, ill try my green aero hoodie and my italia jacket when i get back, a little over an hour til my flight

I didn't get mine today in the OKC metro area. It might not be as south as you are yet! Who knows though? (no one)

I just got mine yesterday and I only live an hour and 20 minutes up the road from Colombia SC so who knows how UPS is operating these days:doh:

I just got mine yesterday and I only live an hour and 20 minutes up the road from Colombia SC so who knows how UPS is operating these days:doh:

dang, post must be off this week....I sent a bag 2 day priority and didn't get there til 5 days later.

Last night I played around with sticking a small cooler in the main compartment. I put my 8x6x6 insulated soft sided lunch bag in the right side of the divided main compartment standing on its end with an ice pack, a 32oz Gatorade, and a 20oz vitamin Water (pic 1). That's the easiest way to do it. I could see myself packing a lunch and tossing it in there on a long day.

A better solution would be a cooler that was meant to sit vertically and could open from the top and would be watertight so you could throw ice and cans in it. I took a small plastic tub, filled it with ice and crammed it the cooler (pic 2). It could fit a few cans, but i'm sure there's a better way to do it.

I was still able to get 15 disc in comfortably using the side pockets (pic 3).

Attachments

• Tall Drinks.jpg
    Tall Drinks.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 38
  • Cans in Cooler.jpg
    Cans in Cooler.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 14 Discs and Open Cooler.jpg
    14 Discs and Open Cooler.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 34
That's what I figure. UPS is notoriously awful imo. Today or tomorrow I'd assume. I'm just hoping my order didn't have any issues I wan't aware of and was never sent.

That's what I figure. UPS is notoriously awful imo. Today or tomorrow I'd assume. I'm just hoping my order didn't have any issues I wan't aware of and was never sent.

Chris would have already informed us if that were the case. UPS usually isn't this bad though. Oh well. we are always at the deliverer's mercy

Absolutely man. I worked customer service at a decent sized furniture store for a few months. It's almost ALWAYS post's fault. Or customs if it's an over seas thing.

Hard to believe I got mine in Missouri on Friday and ok and tx haven't yet ups is slacking......ups is good around here now usps is another story

Hard to believe I got mine in Missouri on Friday and ok and tx haven't yet ups is slacking......ups is good around here now usps is another story

only had one problem with USPS, otherwise the shipping is pretty quick and efficient. Fedex and UPS are not so much usually.

Latest posts