• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pick My EU disc :)

Warships are almost a tweener mid. They can stretch out as far as fairways can. Opto is beefier than tournament.

They have a ton of glide too. You can hyper-flip them as well and they will carry forever, or you can snap the heck out of them and get a great turn-over shot. My buddy puts it best when he says "I throw it and I think I know here it will land so I look away, then look back and the damn thing is still in the air". great disc.

So obv the warship is a stable mid...what is its profile like? domey? Flat? Beaded? I know very little about the disc. :)

I own 4 Warships. I have semi retired my TP ship. It is flat and had broken into being rather understable. I had a nice ace with it and it is the lava colorshift so it is harrd to find. I currently have three VIP ships in the bag. All three have about the same level of domeyness. One is my overstable one another is breaking in to having a little turn if throw flat, not hyzer flipping yet. The third is still brand new so not sure how it wants to fly yet but being bright pink its gonna get a lot of use!

Great mids! You should be able to do whatever you want with them!

edit

There she be

Here is my EU reviews :)

First up Opto River: Its a river, and exactly what you'd expect from a river. The thing I really like about the understable side of lat is that it does what its supposed to do, and i never tempt myself to use it in a less than optimal situation *more on this in a minute

VIP Stag:. Really impressed with the glide and general flight of this disc so far. Its teebird esq, with what seems to be a tad less wind fighting in it, but a really solid glide. I wont say that it cant fight wind, but i feel like a fresh teebird does just as good if not better i guess.

Opto Riot: Meh so far, but i didnt get it for my home course, because i dont need it in many situations given the shortness of my course, so we shall see as the season progresses...I think there might be some overlap between it and my surge and i'm already comfortable with the surge

VIP King: umm...i dunno...same as above i guess...i'll say the stability of it seems a bit squirly...i've thrown it and got some turn and a hard fade...and then 've had some that just got turning and never wanted to come back (probably cus I have bad form but still).

Now the moment we've all been waiting for, the disc you guys picked out

TP warship: I cant say that i'm impressed yet :(. I was hoping this would be something that could at least challenge my buzz and make me thing about molds a little rather than just stick buzzes in and call it good. I don't think this disc is going to fit the case. Granted my buzzzes are Z plastic, they seem WAY more stable than this is out of the box.

Another thing I feel like this disc suffers from is what I'm going to call "Latitude Syndrome". Every disc I've thrown from over the pond is one of two things. Super beefy, or unable to deal with a headwind completely. There is no happy medium. my buzzz if i want it to, can. My teebirds can. My PD can. my saint, cannot. my warship, cannot (so far). Even the riot seems to be squirly into a head wind compaired to what I've experience with alot of "similar" speed and stability drivers. So for right now I'm going to keep them in there and work on them, see if they can help me with some form stuff because they do seem to do a good job of flying like you throw them, but for now the only EU plastics I've thrown and been like hey this is what i'm lookin for out of this disc would be the VIP stag, Opto river, and gold line XXX (beefy as all get out :) )

Should've tried the Opto Pure. Longer than an average putter for driving, worse than a average putter for putting. A true tweener. It's pretty slow but it still kinda suffers from your "Latitude Syndrome" theory, which in my experience is strangely true across the board.

people need to remember that Swedish plastic performs better if you throw them at 75-80% power. When I throw these discs at close 100% power, they fly wonky.

people need to remember that Swedish plastic performs better if you throw them at 75-80% power. When I throw these discs at close 100% power, they fly wonky.

I think this is why I like their understable side of things so much. Its not often that I want to throw something US very hard. And I never want to throw something US into the wind, so I get what I want out of them.

That said, in the nuetral to slightly OS side of things, I don't think this is something I'd desire :S

Latest posts