• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Independence, MO

Pioneer Trails DGC

Permanent course
15(based on 1 reviews)

Surge5

Self-Appointed Cubic Zirconia Club Manager
Gold level trusted reviewer

Join the discussion about Pioneer Trails DGC

In The Works
Pros:

Nine white Veteran baskets on some incredibly varied land. Some clearing has been done for teeing areas on 2 and 3, and also the green of 3.

Good holes on the back stretch, 6-9 are all solid holes. 6-8 play between a bush-lined stream and the tree-lined property line with some elevation to make things spicy if you get a skip. Would make one heck of a par 5 going from 6's tee to 8's basket. Hole 9 is a hallway shot that opens up, but continues the strong uphill all the way. 1 is also a towering tee, way down to a basket parked right in front of some bushes.
Cons:
I'm having to edit this because this was the beta testing phase of the course as I had hoped. For now, it feels like the land isn't up to its potential, because the work is not done on it!

Currently, navigation isn't easy, tees are rough, and it seems like there should be more in the in-between of holes. I will be back once updates are done.
Other:
I jumped the gun on my review, assuming this was the school throwing baskets in the ground and saying "here is a disk golf." I was wrong and I extend my apologies to Jordan who is doing most of the work on his own.

Don't play here yet, or you'll come off with the wrong impression as I did. There are plans to make this a very solid course, but it may take some time. Longer pins, concrete tees, and eventually another 9 holes on the land east of 1/9. I'm putting this at a 1.0 for now, but know that is not and will not be the final rating.

Thanks for the review. As you mention, this course is still in the very early stages. We're set to have concrete tee pads by this spring and plan to start cutting out and setting second pin positions soon. It's been a slow grind, but we're making steady progress. The ultimate hope/goal is to have a secondary 9 holes in the woods to the north and east of the existing 9 hole course. Rest assured, if and when that happens, the course will be somewhere you won't want to miss! Stay tuned...

Thanks for the update! It felt like the school just plopped the baskets in (which I've seen before), but glad to hear there's more coming. Thanks for taking my mis-diagnosis in stride. Looking forward to working on it!