• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Pioneer

According to Ricky's replies, it is something to be released later this year. I suspect a distance driver, especially as it is listed last, or a Felon type disc.

I think a Sword-like disc that had the ability to handle Wysocki power. Maybe a retooled Riot?

a more os felon would be sweet. the flat ones feel great but the hss is no innova 0.:popcorn::popcorn: as for driver, man lat has to be close to a destroyer by now. i feel like thay have tried at least 5 times. would be cool in the burst opto x sparkle cause you know innovas names make no sense and all.......:popcorn:

I spent awhile looking online after I saw the Reddit thread and came up with nothing. My guess would also be a big overstable driver.

On a video from dynamic at the tyyni in Finland they show testing prototypes and I think they said the pioneer was slower and os like a xxx

According to Ricky's replies, it is something to be released later this year. I suspect a distance driver, especially as it is listed last, or a Felon type disc.

Pioneer PDGA Approved 11/23

Pioneer 176.0 21.2 1.5 1.2 17.3 1.9 5.7 27.00
Felon 176.0 21.2 1.8 1.1 17.2 2.0 5.2 31.50

I'm gonna go on a limb and say I was right.

PIONEER: When you're first on the tee and the wind hits your face, you need something you can trust. The Pioneer is an overstable fairway driver made for reliability and consistency. It has a flat top which makes it a great choice for sidearms. With a good amount of speed and a strong fade it is a versatile tool in any bag.
Speed: 9 Glide: 3 Turn: 0 Fade: 4

46975353_1906969396024494_7365152580814503936_n.jpg

Zombie bump.

Tried the search feature and this is the only Pioneer thread that popped up.

Anyhow...

I was gifted a Pioneer a while back but have never thrown it.

Anyone know how a fresh Pioneer compares to a Firebird?

I am thinking about using the Pioneer for utility type shots until I destroy it or lose it. (Thumbers, spike hyzers, forehand rollers, low flat skip shots, etc.)

Thanks.

And yeah, I know.... trilogy plastic.... yada, yada, yada. Hey, it was free and I plan on abusing it.

Try throwing it and I'm sure you'll figure out what kind of disc it is.

Very Firebird like...for those overstable or flex shots.

Zombie bump.

Tried the search feature and this is the only Pioneer thread that popped up.

Anyhow...

I was gifted a Pioneer a while back but have never thrown it.

Anyone know how a fresh Pioneer compares to a Firebird?

I am thinking about using the Pioneer for utility type shots until I destroy it or lose it. (Thumbers, spike hyzers, forehand rollers, low flat skip shots, etc.)

Thanks.

And yeah, I know.... trilogy plastic.... yada, yada, yada. Hey, it was free and I plan on abusing it.

It's an overstable fairway driver, a la firebird, in some awesome Swedish plastic. Throw and enjoy!

Try throwing it and I'm sure you'll figure out what kind of disc it is.

Very Firebird like...for those overstable or flex shots.

Thanks.

Dealing with an injury right now and won't be throwing anything for a few more weeks.

Boredom had me going through my bag and going through my stash of discs and changing some stuff around in my down time. Forgot I even had the Pioneer. It was given to me by one of the guys I play with regularly. I took it home and put it away without ever throwing it.

I don't think they are that OS, the beefier ones are like the pearly nearly flat Firebirds rather than the super firm FAF Firebirds.

From tournament coverage I've watched, it seems to be a favorite of Emerson Keith. Since I started this thead, I did get my paws on a used Pioneer, and it was too much disc for me in Opto, unless throwing into strong winds.

I picked up a SE Goldline version and it is beefy. I would say a little more stable then a stock off the shelf FB. Similar feel which is much better then the Felon, pure Goldilocks "not too shallow but not too deep either." Connor O'Reilly did a video on youtube which got me interested in it, he's a Lat 64 pro who also throws it. I would say between an FAF and stock FB.

Latest posts