• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pittsburgh Disc Golf

Woodcock Dam's 9 hole course has some great views. Another solid course in that relative area is Oil City's Hasson Park. It has a few dull holes, but some epic woods action and really unique lanes.

Ace race was so much fun today, what a great day to play, 90+ participants, and I felt very welcomed even as a n00b and with my 5yo!

Sent from my trap phone using Tapatalk for dummies

Ace race was so much fun today, what a great day to play, 90+ participants, and I felt very welcomed even as a n00b and with my 5yo!

Glad you had fun! I didn't make it but I'm happy Chris didn't screw it up too bad.

Glad you had fun! I didn't make it but I'm happy Chris didn't screw it up too bad.

No way, he ran a great event... He was even sage enough to aim the cones for the distance challenge in such a way that you'd really have to grip lock like a boss to tag a car in the lot (that was my fear... To be remembered as the a-hole who broke a window in a car nowhere near the target.

Incidentally, if you own the Subaru with the "hyzer" license plate, I wasn't road rage stalking you this morning, I saw you pass me and figured you HAD to be going to the ace race, so I decided to follow you. When you made a quick turn off after we got off the highway, i figured i might have spooked ya, sorry :(

You should have come and seen it in person.
Although i didnt bring boobie prizes for no metal no ace folk, im sure youd still have fun.

See at dubz

Hey are either of you guys Dave? You can send me a pm if you don't want your identity outed, but if you are, thanks for letting me play with you and for all the info and extra minis and the putter :)

Nope, im chris the TD
I think rol6566 was the one who hooked you guys up.
Couple locals, myself included carry lots of discs to give away to folks. It part of what makes this sport and area great.

Nope, im chris the TD
I think rol6566 was the one who hooked you guys up.
Couple locals, myself included carry lots of discs to give away to folks. It part of what makes this sport and area great.

You never give me anything... I'm pretty sure you stole my lunch money too.

Played Deer Lakes, Knob, and Strabane last week on a trip to Pittsburgh.
Deer Lakes was awesome, Strabane was cool with loads of potential, and Knob Hill, which I learned to play on in the 90s looked great. Sad that the bike/disc shop moved but I tracked them down and bought a couple discs from them at another location just for nostalgias sake.

Only issue was the major back up at Knob, which was never the case back in the day.
I'm not sure I ever was there when there was more than 3-4 cars, but midweek it was PACKED in the late afternoon.
Even my wife got tired of the hold ups, especially after we watch a group of 4-5 (all with carts) ahead of us with multiple groups waiting and one guy methodically throw 4 different discs himself on #4.
Said screw it and had to skip multiple holes ahead to 9 and played what we could from there.
Sad I missed tossing the ace run on 6 though.
Still, great to see the old course looking so good.

Played Deer Lakes, Knob, and Strabane last week on a trip to Pittsburgh.
Deer Lakes was awesome, Strabane was cool with loads of potential, and Knob Hill, which I learned to play on in the 90s looked great. Sad that the bike/disc shop moved but I tracked them down and bought a couple discs from them at another location just for nostalgias sake.

Only issue was the major back up at Knob, which was never the case back in the day.
I'm not sure I ever was there when there was more than 3-4 cars, but midweek it was PACKED in the late afternoon.
Even my wife got tired of the hold ups, especially after we watch a group of 4-5 (all with carts) ahead of us with multiple groups waiting and one guy methodically throw 4 different discs himself on #4.
Said screw it and had to skip multiple holes ahead to 9 and played what we could from there.
Sad I missed tossing the ace run on 6 though.
Still, great to see the old course looking so good.
Was it on Tuesday? That is doubles night. It can get crowded for sure but that surprises me that it was that bad.

Was it on Tuesday? That is doubles night. It can get crowded for sure but that surprises me that it was that bad.

Welp, that explains it! It honestly didn't seem like it was anything organized, but then again, it's Pittsburgh, lol. (I say that with nothing but love, btw)

Welp, that explains it! It honestly didn't seem like it was anything organized, but then again, it's Pittsburgh, lol. (I say that with nothing but love, btw)

It's a pretty chill crowd on Tuesday nights. Wish you knew so you could've joined in. Next time you are in the area give me a holler. I should be a course guide, I pretty much live there.

It's a pretty chill crowd on Tuesday nights. Wish you knew so you could've joined in. Next time you are in the area give me a holler. I should be a course guide, I pretty much live there.

Will do. Same invitation extended for the Columbus area from me.
Played Knob almost daily 15 years or more ago, so it was great to play it again and see all the upgrades since I last was there.

Off topic, where does everyone pick up discs locally in the 'Burgh?
I still have a PDGA Aviar and Zephyr that were two of the first discs I ever bought from Scholl's, but couldn't find any other disc shops around last week. I did grab a CFR champ Cobra and a circle stamp Viper off of them at the other location...

Last edited:

Latest posts