• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Planning a disc golf wedding

Now if you girlfriend is not open minded and you spring this on here , you might be here:
doghouse400.jpg

Confucius say, "Man who spend too much time in doghouse wind up in cathouse."

It is possible they bought the whole park. I cant say for sure, but it is possible.

Our TD today almost got into a fight with a guy who didnt want to understand our tourney had paid the permit fee to close both courses to the public today. Ther was an alternate 9 not being used in the tourney on the same property, and that was not enough for this guy. This guy thought because ti is public and he pays taxes it should be open, but if the county says it is ok, that is the rule!

i don't think so. they rented a shelter was all. i even popped into the park office to pick up a disc and score card, prior to starting my round and they made no mention of it. i was gonna complain ion the way out, but the office was closed

That just seems like a bit much to me.

DG is fun and everything but I do not picture it in my head as an activity for a wedding.
Kinda geeky, no?

I agree.

I mean I love disc golf and everything, but there is a time and place for everything and a wedding is not it.

i was out playing yesterday, i was at beaver island and holes 6-8 have a nice fairway along the river. it usually happens that there are picnicker's around 7, so you always try n shoot your best since there's an audience. well not yesterday. these people were having a wedding with a giant tent, a generator and few dozen people off the green for hole #7. it wasn't extremely close but enough so that they felt the need to put trash bags over the hole sigh and the pin and wrote "hole closed" on them! i couldn't believe it! there shouldn't be any reason for a stray disc to interrupt their event, that's how far off they were. i thought it was extremely rude, since the park is so large and they chose that spot for their event. And then on #8 several guests were just walking through the fairway while my group was driving and putting, and of course with no apologies.

so these people, unlike the rest of the posters here, were apparently not DG fans.

haha i saw that too. i just skipped the hole because i was playing in a two-some and there was like a 6-some playing it anyway so we just jumped them. yea they were definitely out of the way enough where they didnt need to close the hole, and there should have been some warning before you got there.
"It is possible they bought the whole park. I cant say for sure, but it is possible."

they definitely did not rent out the whole park, it is a huge park and they only had a tent down by the river. didn't bother me too much as every one seemed to be having a good time, but it did seem unnecessary to close the hole, especially as all the disc golfers paid 7 bucks to get in the park that day, as did everyone at their celebration.

I'm getting married next weekend in Lake Tahoe...she doesn't play but "tolerates" my addiction. (she even looked up the local courses before booking the trip) Not a DG wedding but I'll be playing L. Tahoe, perhaps Stafford Lake and for sure DeLaveaga on the trip. (got to train them early for what is to come for the next 20 - 30 years!)

LOL. My wife would not have gone for this kind of theme. Though ours was far from traditional. More like a big party with a small ceremony in the midst.

Same here. We has a "Western " themed wedding. It was cool, but disc golf would have been more fun.

A total DG themed wedding would be cool...

I've performed all kinds of unique ceremonies....a DG one would be a first :)

Wow. American society has come a long way from when my parents were married and it was considered taboo to wear cowboy boots during the ceremony. My Dad eventually conformed and wore shoes. I am all for new and different but there should be a level of seriousness that goes with a wedding. After all it can be one of the biggest blessings or mistakes of your life...;)

Wow. American society has come a long way from when my parents were married and it was considered taboo to wear cowboy boots during the ceremony. My Dad eventually conformed and wore shoes. I am all for new and different but there should be a level of seriousness that goes with a wedding. After all it can be one of the biggest blessings or mistakes of your life...;)

When I got married , I was wearing boots, and the whole wedding party had on cowboy hats. Black for the men, red for the bridesmaids, and my wife wore a white hat.

we just celebrated 30 years a couple of weeks ago...this would have been perfect...we could have done it underwater to honor our other hobby lol

Just some ideas for you if you are planning a disc golf wedding:

His and her rings:

DSCN8259-1.jpg

09c2_35.jpg

The Grooms Cake;

The Wedding Cake:
DiscGolfcakeW.jpg

Now if you girlfriend is not open minded and you sping this on here , you might be here:
doghouse400.jpg

I have to admit...those are some cool rings (not necessarily as wedding rings)...is there a site to buy them?