• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Planting the Seed

Sadjo

* Ace Member *
Last night I went to a Chamber of Commerce Business After Hours at a private orchard the happens to have a pat-to-play Disc Golf Course. The events was held in Long Creek, SC but was for the Chamber of Commerce in Rabun County, GA. The orchard in SC is only a 15-20 minute drive from GA.

I work in Rabun County but live in SC and happen to be the one that designed the Disc Golf Course.

About an hour into the event they (the Chamber) asked me if I would do a Disc Golf demonstration. I went to the car, got my bag of discs and invited people out toward the practice basket. I explained the sport, showed various throws and even hit a putt from 100' or so away.

By the time the event began to come to an end, over 50 people had thrown discs and putted. I even had an owner of a campground, a city council member from Clayton, GA and the owner of a resort in Dillard, GA asked me to meet with them about the potential of adding a course in their community or at their business.

Rabun County, GA doesn't have any courses now. There is an opportunity to expand the sport in the NE Georgia Mountains.

You never know when a chance to expand the sport will happen.

It didn't hurt that the orchard was able to share that since they installed the course they've seen an increase of traffic to their orchard and most of the traffic is from outside the area.

Awesome work. Good luck with the new courses.
Half the battle is getting the people that make those kinds of decisions to want a DG course.
DSCJNKY

too bad it wasn't a longer putt, might have got more people interested....;)

Yeah...after having demonstrated different throws, a former employee of mine asks...hey can you get a 'hole-in-one' from here to that basket? As she pointed to a basket about 100' a way.

I said I could make a run at it. On the 2nd attempt, hit the shot. It was pretty cool.

All I have to do now is find the time to get back in front of these people while the interest is still high.

good work and all, but could you please translate your first post into english?

Good job man! I've been talking about and showing off DG to anyone willing to listen. Get over to them before they forget about your clinic.

I tried to think of a new, different way to say "Great Job", but I couldn't, so...:thmbup: