• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Play it again sports

NOStheBOSS

Double Eagle Member
I don't have one in my hometown, but after reading about all the great finds people have made I decided to check out a couple of stores in Nashville. The only thing I think I may have found was a kc pro 11x eagle in 8/10 condition.

Is that a good find?

I use to buy my discs from them. They were wicked cheap, they don't sell used plastic anymore, just that x-out stuff. I'm sure they mark them up high to rip off people that are ignorant to the sport.

I've found most PIAS are like any general sporting goods outfits and chain stores. They don't know bupkus about disc golf.

PIA in Santa Barbara, CA has some knowlegable sales staff and a large selection of discs. They fueled my addiction for several years.

*backswing

When I lived in Redding Cal, the play it again there was great! Buy 7 discs get one free,just get your frequent card stamped.
Not many used ones, although my brother found a tye dye lilghtly used Champ beast for 5 bucks!
Big selection reasonable prices.

The one in Pleasanton Ca sucks! Only quest discs, and mostly x-outs

Frederick, MD

Just went to Play it Again Sports in Frederick, MD for the first time yesterday. They probably had around 125 discs or so. Most were used. I didn't end up buying anything but will definitely stop by whenever I'm heading past Frederick as the store is just minutes off of I70 or I270. I'll be posting a couple pics sometime of a couple "interesting" things that I saw there.

Now, here's why I revived this old thread. I basically wanted to give anyone in the area a heads up in case they wanted to check it out. I don't know if there are any other DG stores in the Frederick or Hagerstown areas other than the box stores that only sell Innova, so maybe this could help someone to satisfy their plastic craving.

Play it Again did have mostly Innova and some Discraft. They also had a little Millennium, Discmania and DGA along with other stuff that I don't remember. The main reason that I revived this thread, though, was to mention that they did have a good bit of Westside and MVP plastic in case anybody wanted to check it out.

Good hunting! :)

I tap 6 swamps and play
ThreadNecroCArd.jpg

I'll bite:

It just depends on the PIAS staff and location. The one in Seattle has more Discraft, and it looks like they order from Dynamic because they have Misprint Cryztal and whatnot that I've only seen there. They also have the punch card system computerized and a small used selection.

Woodinville picks up whatever's hot but never restocks it. They had a few MVP and a decent stock of Latitude last year (which started out marked up about 20%), but it's down to one Latitude and no MVP (and has been for six months). Now they have a massive supply of Prodigy protos and even a few Dynamic Discs. Never seen more than three used discs for sale though, and those are usually beat up DX for $5. Decent X-Out selection. This was the first place I bought discs, and when I made my selection the sales dude (who plays) offered no input than "Gazelle. Nice disc. Never thrown a Monster though." In other news, I have a Monster in my stack of "For Sale" discs that will be popping up on the MP soon.

Lynnwood has the most X-Out discs and a few more used discs than Woodinville. They only carry Innova and Discraft though, and sounded surprised when I told them that Woodinville had Latitude and that Lat is hot right now.

So of the three, Woodinville has the most discs and the most variety, Lynnwood is the best to stock up on cheap throwers, and Seattle is your best shot at finding a decent used disc or a disc that you won't find anywhere else in the area... I'll just keep buying from Lowell Shields or the MP though.

Latest posts