• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

PLAYER PACK question

Would you like a Build Your Own Player Pack? first come, first serve, Entry is $60, so you get to make a Player Pack valued at $40. each disc will be 15 or 10 in value to make it easy.

thoughts?

I would have 4 companies to choose from: Prodigy, Innova, DGA and Discraft - like I said, Trilogy tourney packages are lame in comparison to the others. And, being a Prodigy player for 2018, I will definitely support my company

As a pro player, I am used to at least 100$ for entry fees. What do Am's expect? Is 75 too high? This would be a 3-4 disc player pack, a special gift, and top 1/3 payout to each division. Also, top 3 get trophies in divisions with 10 or more.

BG Ams is $90 to play it's an A-tier and you get 9 discs, usually two shirts, and other swag if that gives you a reference. And its three days, 4 rounds, plus a final 9 if you make the cut. You are also provided dinner one night at the player's party.

Find a local artist to work with. Someone that can give a one of a kind unique piece of art to the players. Maybe there's a glass worker that make some unique minis, or an artist that can create a really cool stamp that will make the discs desirable, or a wood worker that can make some cool minis.

My event I'm running in a couple weeks will have minis - Yeah every event has minis, and most people probably think they have way too many garbage minis, but this is a unique hand turned piece of art, that I hope people will appreciate and use. Also the artwork is stamped on the discs, and I will be making unique trophies.

attachment.php

Cool. This will be a scaled down version, but it is a good reference. I was thinking 3-4 discs players pack. You get to choose. Rest goes to payout, 45 percent of field gets paid (per tour standards) - trophy to top 1 in each division with 4 or more.

I'm neck-deep in minis, koozies, decals, and polyester tee-shirts. No more please.

A nice collared polo shirt with a simple embroidered tourney logo on the breast or sleeve would be awesome. Cotton towels with a grommet are always good to have. Avoid microfiber, micro-terry, synthetic chamois, or the like.

I'm neck-deep in minis, koozies, decals, and polyester tee-shirts. No more please.

A nice collared polo shirt with a simple embroidered tourney logo on the breast or sleeve would be awesome. Cotton towels with a grommet are always good to have. Avoid microfiber, micro-terry, synthetic chamois, or the like.

I agree there, it got to a point when I was still in Ams that koozies, drifits, key chains, all that was either given away (mostly the shirts) and everything else just went straight to the garbage can. I hate to say it, but if its now a decent product you might as well have given me nothing at all. I mean even discs. If you do the build your own or voucher system great, if you have the selection, but even then I don't want a voucher to pick from a bunch of discs I still won't throw. This event for example, I throw Legacy and I throw Trilogy, there still would be nothing there that I would throw or use. I always hated getting discs in my player's packs. I don't know that I have ever had one disc in my bag that came from a player's pack.

A nice shirt, polo like you said would have been a welcomed change for sure.

Cool. This will be a scaled down version, but it is a good reference. I was thinking 3-4 discs players pack. You get to choose. Rest goes to payout, 45 percent of field gets paid (per tour standards) - trophy to top 1 in each division with 4 or more.

3-4 discs in the players pack sounds like it is going to leave little for payout.

The most used swag I've gotten are pint glasses with tournament-specific etching. Useful, classy, and conversation starters for other DG players.

Stuff the glasses with one or more vouchers from on-line merchants that vend stuff everyone can use (apparel, discs, etc.) and you're done.

Would you like a Build Your Own Player Pack? first come, first serve, Entry is $60, so you get to make a Player Pack valued at $40. each disc will be 15 or 10 in value to make it easy.

thoughts?

I would have 4 companies to choose from: Prodigy, Innova, DGA and Discraft - like I said, Trilogy tourney packages are lame in comparison to the others. And, being a Prodigy player for 2018, I will definitely support my company

Build-your-own is the next best thing to vouchers and a big selection.

If people have a choice among discs, or perhaps between custom-stamped discs, a good shirt (with the ability to select size), and other merch, people are more likely to go away with something they like.

I've never complained about a players pack---if the TD went to the trouble and expense, I'm certainly not going to express my disappointment---but I have felt a bit guilty tossing stuff into the trash when I get home.

Build-your-own certainly has logistical issues. But you can close off the build-your-own a week or two early, and later registrants will have to take what's provided. That gives an incentive for early pre-registration.

The most used swag I've gotten are pint glasses with tournament-specific etching. Useful, classy, and conversation starters for other DG players.

Stuff the glasses with one or more vouchers from on-line merchants that vend stuff everyone can use (apparel, discs, etc.) and you're done.

This would pretty much be my idea of the perfect player's pack, with a shirt (drifit or tshirt, doesn't matter to me) or disc with a tournament logo on it as my next choice.

One neat thing we got in last year's NCDGC pack was a super nice golf towel with the NCDGC logo embroidered into it. Super classy and really cool

part of the appeal with ordering tourney plastic is the kickbacks you get from the companies. The winner of Adv would receive a new Chainstar basket, that is pretty cool.

part of the appeal with ordering tourney plastic is the kickbacks you get from the companies. The winner of Adv would receive a new Chainstar basket, that is pretty cool.

Can you use the tourney plastic as payout and still get the kickbacks? Then you would only need the $10 minimum player pack (you could let the players pick from one of the tournament stamped discs).