• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Playing a tourney with your toddler

Me too. How long do you like to brine children? I go at least 6 hours, no linger than 12. Make sure to use kosher salt in the brine too - pro tip.

"Brine one at a time", is my motto. That said, I've lingered as many as 20 hours with few failures. Kosher salt --- so 2012.

The only way you can bring you toddler to a tourney is if you have another adult there to be in charge of them. And possibly leave with them if need be. As long and slow as tourney play goes, it's a lot to ask of a two year old. Not a good idea. It's not specifically mentioned in the rules or competition manual, but there's probably something that it can fall under.

Friggin parents who get children and dont want to change anything in their lifes afterwards. Think ahead! You won't be doing much for the next 20 years after you got a kid. Nobody else wants to hear your stupid kid scream around and throw a tantrum. Realise how much of a pain you are to everybody else and stay home. Go to kiddie meetings. Kindergarden. Whatever.

I have long been a fan of the idea of child-free cinemas, concerts, airplanes etc. Specialy airplanes. FFS if your kid is going to cry the entire flight, maybe think about flying to the holidays for 12 hours? Maybe take your car to a place a little closer?

Parenting should require a exam just like driving.

Friggin parents who get children and dont want to change anything in their lifes afterwards. Think ahead! You won't be doing much for the next 20 years after you got a kid. Nobody else wants to hear your stupid kid scream around and throw a tantrum. Realise how much of a pain you are to everybody else and stay home. Go to kiddie meetings. Kindergarden. Whatever.

I have long been a fan of the idea of child-free cinemas, concerts, airplanes etc. Specialy airplanes. FFS if your kid is going to cry the entire flight, maybe think about flying to the holidays for 12 hours? Maybe take your car to a place a little closer?

I think I would have passed the parenting exam. Can I bring my kid on a plane? Pretty please?

Don't worry. I won't bring him to any disc golf tournaments.

I think I would have passed the parenting exam.
That's the problem, EVERY parent thinks they've 'passed the test'. It's like polling a thousand parents and asking them "Do you consider yourself an above-average parent?" Dollars to doughnuts a VAST majority of them would say "yes". Funny thing is that half of them statistically have to be actually worse than 'average'...but you can't tell THEM that. It's always the OTHER parent(s)....

What he said!!!

I'm so sick of parents dragging their kids to places they don't belong. Yeah, we get it, they're special to you, but they're a pain in the a$$ to the rest of us. And I love how they give you the schpeal that we should be compassionate and understanding because their kid has a melt down (8 O clock at night, what the hell do you expect); funny though, how they never seem to notice how much they irritate the rest of the crowd around them. And somehow were the bad people because we roll our eyes and grumble.

I work with young kids all day. EVERY day. a 2 year old will NOT enjoy a DG tourney, and stands a good chance of hurting himself. a ruling against it is reasonable for everyone....

Has anyone posted in support of the selfish parent? Is this possibly one of the few times that DGCR is united over an issue?

Has anyone posted in support of the selfish parent? Is this possibly one of the few times that DGCR is united over an issue?

There were a few playing devil's advocate in the first several pages of the thread. Big majority against the parent still.

So you are apparently bitter about being alone lol.

I agree that there are places that children should not be. Sorry, airplanes are a place that children have to be. I feel the same way about smelly Europeans as you do about children, but I don't lobby to keep Europeans off of airplanes, I grin and bear it. Transportation is a necessity and not the same as a disc golf tournament

I also find it annoying when I take my kids to a kids movie and the two 30 somethings on a day date make comments. Guesss what, you are the loser at Finding Dory at a 4:00 pm matinee. This is a kids movie, expect there to be kids.

Hey all, would like to know what people think.

We just had a tournament. One of the competitions had their 2 year old toddler with them during their rounds who was not under full control some of the time. Some of the golfers in his groups over the weekend were not happy with this situation, but didn't mention anything until after the tournament had finished. The issue was raised with the competitor, a few days later and he thought discrimination might be involved if he was asked to leave his kid at home in the future. What do people think?? Suggestions??

Discrimination?

A distraction is a distraction. Doesn't matter if it's a toddler or a cardmate flopping his wang over the basket edge. Tell him to stfu.

#GrowTheSameDemographicThatCurrentlyDominatesDiscGolf

:hfive:

Great job trying to spin the discussion into something it's not. 2 year old kids are not getting the sport. They are a danger to themselves and huge annoyance to others. They don't belong on a disc golf course.

Great job trying to spin the discussion into something it's not. 2 year old kids are not getting the sport. They are a danger to themselves and huge annoyance to others. They don't belong on a disc golf course.

Hold on there sparky. Are you saying under any circumstances? I understand that tournament/league is not a place for kids but a casual round? I have brought my kids out no problem.

Hold on there sparky. Are you saying under any circumstances? I understand that tournament/league is not a place for kids but a casual round? I have brought my kids out no problem.

No problem to you maybe, but I'm sure they're are a lot hard pressed smiles from your card mates that wished you didn't bring them.

If all your friends are bringing their kids out for a casual round, all fine and dandy, but if you're the only one, you've just bummed out a few folks who just wanted to chill with the guys.