• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Playing in Yellowstone

humchris85

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
I was wondering if anyone had any info on playing in Yellowstone while I'm visiting there. If it is possible, what course would be the best one in Yellowstone to play? Will I need to find an employee to show me around it? Any help would be great. I'm taking off tomorow morning on a trip with a friend, and we will be coming through there around the end of the month.

When I worked in YNP a few decades ago , the courses in the park were short object courses and not very well marked. We did have course maps available from the employee recreation director.

Sounds like fun anyway.

When I worked in YNP a few decades ago , the courses in the park were short object courses and not very well marked. We did have course maps available from the employee recreation director.

There is/was a short object course by the lake lodge. I was told baskets weren't allowed b/c they stand out too much. No signage and shortish pretty close to the employee cabins.

All of the lodge areas where park employees live have their own object course. If you do not know someone in the park who knows about these courses, you will never find them. And even if you did know where they are, you would never find the tees or objects to throw to.

All of the lodge areas where park employees live have their own object course. If you do not know someone in the park who knows about these courses, you will never find them. And even if you did know where they are, you would never find the tees or objects to throw to.

That about sums it up there. When I worked there in 83, there were object courses in the Canyon , lodge, and old faithful areas. Can't say if they lengthened them at all, but we were using Guts frisbees back in the day so it was challenging enough. Spend some time in the Madison Area. There was a nice place to swim in the Madison River. You can climb on the cliff face above the river and jump I to the rushing river from 40 or 60 ft perches. At least that's what we did n 83. If you do get to DG, watch out for the Mooses or Meese.
At the Canyon area you can find the employees (savages) in the dorms behind the restaurant on the trail to the canyon. Can't miss it unless its been replaced since then.