• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Playing Through Etiquette

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have talked to someone from this site who said they played a round with THUGNIFICENT (unfortunately) and they said that he threw terribly, equating it to "usually I'm much better than this" (or something to that effect).

I'm fairly certain everyone on here, including myself, thinks they're better than they really are. I literally said this briefly to myself before I poured a second bowl of cereal today.

Hahaha I still wanna know who this mystery man is who apparently knows both me and B3NDER... MYSTERY! I have a feeling it could be AFTC, but I doubt that, as he knew about my shoulder issue.

...and closed (for a bit).

edit: and re-opened... :)

back to OP...

Last edited:
Yeah, a Columbia Streak that I adopted and refurbished hahahaha. Doesn't like being ridden no-handed.

I am more of a mini-horse, if anything.

Hahaha my road bike mishap was pretty well-documented. Perhaps we should play for discs if we ever cross paths?

I fancy myself more of an Icelandic pony. Anyway, I'll take up for your stance on throwing on fools, Thug. Exception to every rule and all that. Just never mess up your meme-ing arm.

I really should call in a translator for a message this cryptic, but I will try my best to decode it by myself.
starts off by demonizing, so sad. smh

You might think it is all about me, but in reality, it is about the rules and the quality of the game.
and you're following the rules and providing quality of the game by throwing over, and POTENTIALLY, hitting others, even if they are rude? smh

If you are too dumb to even read the rules sign on hole 1,
ah, continues the demonizing, so sad.
if I'm not mistaken some signs read "Watch out for people in front of you before throwing". probably not on courses you're playing, right? then use commonsense!
btw, I ALWAYS let faster and/or smaller groups play thru, and that's using commonsense as well!

you are probably also too stupid to be trusted with a high-speed projectile and should abandon the sport altogether.
now that's funny, coming from you! smh

I totally get the point, I could mess up on my obnoxiously user-friendly line somehow and inadvertently hit somebody. If I sucked at throwing discs. Hasn't happened yet. Probably never will. If people wise up and just learn etiquette, letting faster groups/individuals play through at the teepads, for example, it for surely will never happen.
STILL does NOT get the point!

How did I do?
FAIL!

try, NEVER EVER throw on / over other people (players/walkers/bikers), even if they are rude! NO EXCUSES!

I always let faster groups play though. I must admit following proper etiquette can be really tiresome. The other day I decided to play a round at my local course an wouldn't you know it I had to wait on the first tee for almost 30 minutes before someone faster than me showed up so I could let them play through.:wall:

try, NEVER EVER throw on / over other people (players/walkers/bikers), even if they are rude! NO EXCUSES!

Then why does Vibram make their soft discs so soft? I thought those were made to shoot over peoples' bows as a warning shot and such? :confused:

Yeah, yeah... we're over this bit of the thread now...

Back to OP or the 'fill. ;)

If any of you were old enough to remember the original blend Supersoft Wizard or the pre-R-Pro Omega SS, now those were good discs for throwing at people without harming them. The DGA Blowfly/Gumbputt family gets high marks in this category too.

Status
Not open for further replies.