• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Poison oak, poison sumac, poison ivy, chiggers, and ticks. A great way to be misery!

NO KIDDING - THIS WORKS

My wife came up with this CURE for poison ivy. When I come home from the course and I know I've been in poison ivy (which is often, as much as I throw in the woods), she has me wipe the infected area with a Stridex medicated pad - like you would use to clear your face of zits.

I don't know how she came up with it but it works like magic, even when you wipe an area that is a couple of days old, it still works.

NO KIDDING - THIS WORKS

My wife came up with this CURE for poison ivy. When I come home from the course and I know I've been in poison ivy (which is often, as much as I throw in the woods), she has me wipe the infected area with a Stridex medicated pad - like you would use to clear your face of zits.

I don't know how she came up with it but it works like magic, even when you wipe an area that is a couple of days old, it still works.

If I remember from the days of zits and a long lost youth it makes sense.

Stridex contained rubbing alcohol which would break down the oils of the poison ivy and would also dry out the area helping long term.

One of the things I have started doing is carrying a small supply of wipes. If I get into it I immediately clean the area that came in contact. Then when I get back to my vehicle I clean up again.

Since I started this I have not had one issue with the ivy.

Whenever we go on road trips we bring along alcohol based wet wipes and any time I think I got into poison oak or ivy I wipe off when I get back to the car. On my trip up to Wisconsin I know I walked through quite a bit looking for a disc, but I never reacted to it (normally I have a pretty strong reaction). Unfortunately, the wipes didn't help so much with the mosquitoes, chiggers and stinging nettles...:doh:

Ditto on the Wet Wipes. I carry some and I've definitely started to get poison ivy itches, but quickly using a Wet Wipe or two and then rinsing the affected area (being careful not to spread the oils onto unaffected skin) has always worked well. Sometimes I'll still get a bit of a rash, but nothing compared to full-blown PI.

Mudbutt: the condition of the anal region where ones crevice between the ass cheeks becomes hot and saucy due to sweat, buildup of underwear residue, and poor wiping abilities. It is almost certain to happen to anyone on a real hot summer day if they:
1)wear dirty and/or heavy clothes
2)do not shower
3)have recently deficated
4)have participated in exercise
After walking through the city all day with a pair of jeans on, John developed a case of "mud-butt".

Mudbutt: the condition of the anal region where ones crevice between the ass cheeks becomes hot and saucy due to sweat, buildup of underwear residue, and poor wiping abilities. It is almost certain to happen to anyone on a real hot summer day if they:
2)do not shower
After walking through the city all day with a pair of jeans on, John developed a case of "mud-butt".

Uh, thanks, I think.

Just recently got attacked by chiggers. Weeped like crazy for 2 days and still itch like hell. I've done good not scratching them but man do they irritate the skin. Got mosquito bites last night on the legs also. My legs are effed...

2)do not shower

no, no... this is called swamp ass

2)do not shower

I don't see that anyone asked you to clarify what mudbutt was.

Tennis shorts, anyone? But on days like today (95 in KC), nothing will help.

I was playing today at the local course and the wind blew some kinda stinging bug right in to my eye it stung me 3 times on the eye lash and beneth it. Needless to say i didnt finish the game. Beer, ibuprofen and zertec is what i took for it.

Ouch. Stings+eyes=totally bad scene

Latest posts