• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Polaris LS

ovar

Birdie Member
I went out to the a local disc golf course the other day and realized I forgot my main bag of discs. No big deal because I have a truck full of other disc I don't use much. So I put together a small bag that included the Polaris LS as my under stable driver. I had tried throwing this disc in the past but it was way to flippy. So this time I was releasing it at a vertical angle to hyzer flip the disc. I had some good throws ~300'.

Anytime I would try and push it out further than this I would start to turn it over.

Am I throwing this disc right, or should I be able to push this out past 300'?

I went out to the a local disc golf course the other day and realized I forgot my main bag of discs. No big deal because I have a truck full of other disc I don't use much. So I put together a small bag that included the Polaris LS as my under stable driver. I had tried throwing this disc in the past but it was way to flippy. So this time I was releasing it at a vertical angle to hyzer flip the disc. I had some good throws ~300'.

Anytime I would try and push it out further than this I would start to turn it over.

Am I throwing this disc right, or should I be able to push this out past 300'?

If you really are throwing it with a vertical angle then it sounds like you've reached its limits on the hyzer flip; at least as far as staying flat. I don't think there's probably anything you can do differently to gain more distance without it completely turning over though.

I have a beat up Polaris LS and it is by far the flippiest disc I've ever thrown. Thought about making it a roller?

Yea, I have not thrown rollers much at all, but if there is a disc to try it with that would be the one.

Thanks

I had one of these for a while and it was a pretty dead straight flier for me out to about 250 or so. Lost it after about 6 months. May get it replaced someday.

The Polaris LS will start to get a bit squirrley at 320' but won't be down right flippy until you're throwing farther than that. Some people like it for backing off on fairway shots because it is so controlable at that 300'-320' range.

maybe you could try throwing it a bit higher. that might give it time to turn over a little and then fade back. i don't know if it has much LSS though.

I got one a while back and have been using it for forehand tight fairway shots. I haven't tried to air it out too much, might have to give it a try.