• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Poll: Cartoon Disc Golf T-Shirt Design - Need Input on Captions

"Chain Smoker" or "Basket Case"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

gcoghill

Birdie Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
I hinted at a disc golf t-shirt I have been working on and I am pretty much done with the artwork but would like some feedback on the caption. As you can see, the design is in the Kustom Kulture/Odd Rods/Big Daddy Roth style.

Should be pretty obvious, one caption is "Chain Smoker" and the other is "Basket Case". The tough thing with the disc golf shirts is that I wanted to have the basket in the image, but all the character action takes place on the teepads. So technically there are no chains in the image, but I love the pun of "Chain Smoker" ;) Maybe you guys might have an idea out there.

Anyways, here's the "Chain Smoker" version:

And here's the "Basket Case" version:

Artwork is the same, just the text is different. And actually, both of these could be offered since Zazzle t-shirts are print on demand. But I would prefer not to have two designs with the same name. Save the other one for another shirt.

And if there are any details or sight gags I can add in there, let me know.

In deference to several other threads that have already beat this horse to death, I'll just say it's my opinion that disc golf's growth and acceptance as a main stream sport will not benefit from any further linking of our sport to smoking of anything.

ERic

I guess if you really wanted to add one more thing, you could show a water bottle laying on it's side with water leaking out of it.

But I think it rocks just the way it is!

Thanks for the input & compliments guys. So far it seems Basket Case is way in the lead. Glad I asked you guys, as I mentioned I was leaning towards Chain Smoker.

I am going to give the poll some more time obviously though.

i agree with ERic, the negative connotation of chain smoker, while still funny, is not condusive with positively advertising our sport

basket case fits better with the look on the guys face too

Thanks!

And thanks JR & Donovan for the compliments, much appreciated.

the picture is aweseom. but i have to point something out. he's totally throwing in the wrong direction. you can plainly see the basket in the background.

LOL....... lol.... ok that was stupid.

you can plainly see the basket in the background.

Those are the baskets for other holes ;) I couldn't figure out a way to have both the thrower and the basket in one shot without one being way too small.

It must be hole 16 at Hudson Springs.. am I right? That's the only course I've seen with such small cncrete tee pads. So that means Hudson. And, only hole 16 would give you that perspective with trees and 2 baskets in view behind.. at least the only one I can think of..

am I right?

do I get candy?

It must be hole 16 at Hudson Springs.. am I right? That's the only course I've seen with such small cncrete tee pads. So that means Hudson. And, only hole 16 would give you that perspective with trees and 2 baskets in view behind.. at least the only one I can think of..

am I right?

do I get candy?

LOL - perhaps I did so subconsciously ;)

Tee pad is small in the illustration just for exaggeration, and I placed the baskets where I did just because they seemed to fit in the design best that way. But now that you mention it, I believe I was envisioning that area when thinking how to get a basket in the shot when focusing on the guy on the tee pad.

I'll keep a Twix bar in my bag, if we ever run into each other out in Hudson :)

It must be hole 16 at Hudson Springs.. am I right? That's the only course I've seen with such small cncrete tee pads. So that means Hudson.
That made me laugh too.

Hudson Springs gets the award for best waste of concrete:

9ae442f6.jpg

Stupid small tee pads. That's my big Innova Discarrier bag sitting on tee #1.

ERic

Haha.. those pads were worthless. I guess they weren't expecting people to take a run up.

Wait -- maybe those are supposed to be bag rests!

The funny thing about the Hudson tees is that they all aren't the same size. But even the longer ones are just not long enough to offer any sort of run-up.

Sorry.. I can't have chocolate. I'm on a potassium restriction and chocolate is high in the stuff...

but, if ya see an overweight grumpy guy playing poorly, it might be me.. I'll play a round with you.

The pads are ridiculous though. I never thought of using them for my bag. with my luck, though, I'ld trip on it and break my neck. Kinda like when I hit my own car with a wayward drive last week off of the 9th tee.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.