• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Portable "Pad"

rscd20

:confused:
Due to all the poor weather we've been having around here lately with the snow melt and rain the ground has been getting rather unstable. I don't have a problem teeing off on concrete pads obviously but it's those later throws that might still require a small run that my plant foot slips a little. I was wonder if it was known if you were allowed to place a pad down to create a grip between your foot and soil. I don't mean a full side tee pad, just something like 2'x2' for a plant foot. I have been keeping my eye out for some material at local hardware stores but nothing has seemed quite right.
:confused:

Not a pd because of the thinkness but you can use a towel

You can't do that in a pdga sanctioned events, the rules committee decided that you can put a towel down on the tee, and kneel on a towel to protect your skin, but you can't use a towel or anything else for your plant foot on throws not from the tee.

snow shoes...

i wear a sort of astroturf cleats, they still slip if its muddy, though i dont get the feelin like i'm gonna twist out

i WILL NOT wear them on courses with mowed lawn, they will tear it up - but i'll wear them to my local course - its 80% swamp and wood chips hehe

Latest posts