• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

possible move to Houston area, and info on courses and where

AciDBatH666

Double Eagle Member
Im probably making the move to the Houston area in about a month. I havent really had time to look for Disc golf Courses, but I hear theres a bunch of places I should really check out.

My job will be RIGHT at the connection of the Beltway and I-10 on the west side. So Im possibly looking for places to live in the Northwest area, or the Woodlands near a friend of mine.

Any info on courses in the areas, or even places I should look into for apartments would be greatly appreciated. Courses around me arent going to make my decision as to where I'm going to move to, but its nice to know whats available around me.

the best course closest to your work would probably be agnes moffit.

http://pdga.org/course/courses_by_city.php?id=808

not too challenging, but fun nonetheless. on your way there, make a stop at rick's darts & games (www.houstondiscgolf.com). they have the best disc golf selection in houston.

and, you absolutely have to make the drive to oak meadow park. it's only months old. concrete tees, well marked, long distance drives.

http://pdga.org/course/courses_by_city.php?id=2581

i agree with the_lung, go to hfds.org. join the club. league is great.

I saw the league, that place looks REALLY well put together. I guess when you have the manpower and a larger group that play then you can get more done.
Looks awesome.

My buddy ended up quitting at that place, so i kind of lost the connection for the job....But I'm still very strongly considering moving to Houston. Thanks for the info on the courses. Theres so many in one area I wouldnt know where to start and which is a local favorite.

I might actually pay one or two a visit in a month or so if I go visit my friend.