• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post pics of your Disc Dog

Our first pup passed away about 2.5 years ago. My wife and I were finally ready to get another dog this past weekend. We wanted something larger than our first dog which was a chihuahua, something that could run around on our property/course with us. Being good with our kids was another requirement.

Meet Daisy. She's a 12 week old Weimaraner. Once I get her trained up I'm hoping to get her out on the course(s) with me and maybe try some frisbee catching too. Right now she's pretty much either going 100mph, trying to chew the hell out of something, or crashed out sleeping.

Attachments

• DaisyMae(2).jpg
    DaisyMae(2).jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 58
  • Daisy(2).jpg
    Daisy(2).jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 50
Our first pup passed away about 2.5 years ago. My wife and I were finally ready to get another dog this past weekend. We wanted something larger than our first dog which was a chihuahua, something that could run around on our property/course with us. Being good with our kids was another requirement.

Meet Daisy. She's a 12 week old Weimaraner. Once I get her trained up I'm hoping to get her out on the course(s) with me and maybe try some frisbee catching too. Right now she's pretty much either going 100mph, trying to chew the hell out of something, or crashed out sleeping.

I'm not sure what your dog policy is at Hidden Ridge, but if you plan to allow them, please socialize Daisy. She looks like she'd run Smokey to death!

Chihuahua to Weimaraner is quite a jump!

Red Dog on a blazing hot day after a dip in Clark's Run:

p3521288577-4.jpg

This morning before frisbee time! Lilly's two favorite things, frisbees and paddle boarding!

Attachments

• 7D367838-85CD-4EB9-A41C-40139CC28160.jpeg
    7D367838-85CD-4EB9-A41C-40139CC28160.jpeg
    117.6 KB · Views: 51
I'm not sure what your dog policy is at Hidden Ridge, but if you plan to allow them, please socialize Daisy. She looks like she'd run Smokey to death!

Officially listed as no dogs, but I'm not wholly opposed. (I don't want to lock out travelling discers who travel with their pups.) I'd just prefer to have a good handle on it and not have a day with a dozen dogs running around. If I have any visitor(s), it's usually only a couple people or a very small group so I don't think it will ever be an issue.

Daisy's already signed up for her first round of obedience training which starts in early Aug. We're gonna be taking her out and about as often as possible in the meantime.

My buddy's boxer used to come out for most of our weekly rounds but she tore an ACL last fall and hasn't made it back out this season. I'm hoping she can start joining us again soon and I can bring Daisy along.

Chihuahua to Weimaraner is quite a jump!

Heck yes it is. We had quite a big lifestyle change since we got that little chihuahua back in 07'. We moved from small bi-level home on a 1/5 acre lot in a subdivision to what is essentially 65 acres of green space in 2014 (55 acres wooded, 10 acres cleared or sparsely wooded). A Weim would have been an unholy terror in a small house with a tiny yard.

Took her out on a few walks around the property this weekend. Right now she actually does better off leash. She was staying within 25-30' of me and would usually come back to my side fairly quickly when called. On leash, she didn't want to move much at all unless my wife and kids were with us, in which case she did okay as she was focused on keeping up with them.