• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post pics of your Disc Dog

f9hb4p.jpg

What a great photo. Sounds like a great dog. This is my kind of thread!

"Who be puttin dey kools out on the flor? Who been puttin dey kools out on my flor?"

"These rugs is Persian, from Persia."

Man, what happened to Eddie?

I tried hot sauce along the edge of my counters to try to keep my dog from looking over the edge and licking. He just started at one end and went all the way to the other... cleaned it all off. Then looked at me for more.

Otis loves hot sauce too. He eats everything he can find except for pickles.

f9hb4p.jpg

2hwcqhd.jpg

This is Tyson. He's been discin with me since he was a little pup. He's a little over 2 years old now. He loves to come along with me and will run ahead to spot the disc for me. He'll even get them back out of shallow water for me. He only catches his frizbee and leaves discs alone.

I'm planning on getting a puppy soon and want to train him to be able to go out on the course with me and pretty much do what you said: play with his and not mine, find mine, and when needed (gently) get mine.

So, do you have any good training tips?:)

Tino (Valentino was a Vday gift from ex gf) has been on a course since he was 8 weeks old. We have been all over the U.S., travel for work. When I say golf he's always ready to go. Mt. Rushmore in the bg. Tino and his buddy Bruce (the grt dane) in Fla. and making sure I don't leave with out him.

We said "dog" thread not rat...

I have a 13 year old fox terrier named Wiley. He is really bad on the leash. Even though Wiley is little he can pull really hard. He never notices the discs because he is busy trying to get tangled around people, trees, and brush. He doesnt understand that he has to stop and wait for others to throw, so he only has been disc golfing a few times. But he gets by on his cute looks...
picture.php

picture.php

The best thing you can do to train dogs is start when they are puppies. But I was in first grade when I got Wiley so he was doomed to be a naughty doggie.

i started training my dog when he was five to stay away from my discs, he has purple frisbees i buy him and i use all yellow, green or orange discs so i think he can tell by the colors which ones not to touch, it helped him i think

awesome thread! You guys are making me my old disc dog Grace (RIP sweetie), the best Doberman in the world! When I got married by wife had 2 10-15 lb girlie dogs that while I like, they aren't too keen on discing. They can come out for a 9, but 18 is too much. Much like more than 2 dogs is too much for me. That's why I'm waiting to get another Dobe (or 2!). Man, I can't wait!

For what it's worth, here's Sirius Black. He doesn't go play with me, but he loves chasing a beat-up wildcat at the dog park -- wears him out quickly :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC0001311.JPG
    DSC0001311.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 677
I have mixed feelings right now. Happy to see all the dog lovers but really mad I don't know how to get pics on the site with my phone! I thought I was jeaolus when I saw the pics on the post your bag thread! I WILL reserect this thread! ... My heart goes out to all the pups in doggie heaven- they can even eat chocolate there! Suggestion- teach dogs a mouth sound( nek nek) for them to respond to- even if your dog listens well, calling their name for 18 makes it seem like their not trained.... How bout that rescue/shelter tourney I was hoping to hear about on that other thread

I'm planning on getting a puppy soon and want to train him to be able to go out on the course with me and pretty much do what you said: play with his and not mine, find mine, and when needed (gently) get mine.

So, do you have any good training tips?:)

I have a great dog and he was easy to train, but I would suggest letting your puppy have the opportunity to pick up one of your discs, and when he does scold him not to pick it up. He'll learn from your reaction which discs to pick up and which not too. If you get a lab or a retriever, it will most likely be smart enough to learn from something as simple as that.
As far as retrieving discs from water, when he was a puppy I would put a disc in a small backyard kiddie pull and he would kick the water out and pull the disc out and I would give him treats for it. Then, when on the course, I'd put a disc in the shallow water and let him try it there. Eventually he'd do it when I'd ask him to without treats.

Anyone know where to get saddle bags? Rottys love to have a job to do ( they were bread to pull sleds) and being my caddy would work out for the both of us.

Anyone know where to get saddle bags? Rottys love to have a job to do ( they were bread to pull sleds) and being my caddy would work out for the both of us.

I got my boy's pack at PetSmart ~10 years ago. He's about 55lbs.

I saw bigger/better quality ones (for larger dogs) at Benchmark Outfitters last month though.

picture.php

Latest posts