• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post pics of your Disc Dog

Marduk (left) and Ashtereth (Right)
35670790.jpg

Marduk is really into frisbee where as Ash will play only if i play tug-o-war with the frisbee too.
jh6y.jpg

This is Leverna - it took me 1 week to teach her to play. she's only 6 months old! (sry terrible picture-my old phone)
image024a.jpg

n722730946_1869982_8790.jpg

These are my pups. The worried one in the back is Dyna Moe. She is a Rat Terrier/Blue Healer/Jack Russell mix. The smiling one in front is Brewster B, and he is a Schnauzer/Boston Terrier mix.

They love to chase discs, but also love to put bite marks in them, so they have their own set that I use in the yard with them.

Here is my sons Blue Pit we found at a disc golf course in South Austin Tx

I got a couple of photos of Taylor, my lab, mix at the park today. She's wearing her fairly new REI backpack, and has taken pretty well to carrying around my putters for me. She's also getting closer and closer to being trustworthy off leash, which is my biggest goal. Not that I'm going to leave her off leash at the disc golf park, but it's my best testing ground for my greater goal of being able to take her backpacking without a constant leash in my hand. We're not there yet, but she seems to be catching on pretty well. As you see in the photos, she still wears her leash even when I'm not holding her.

In the first photo, you can imagine I was trying to convince her that my Boss (red disc in the foreground) would have been absolutely parked if it hadn't caught that tree branch on its initial descent. I don't think she's buying it. In the second photo, I caught a nice side view of her smiling and showing off the pack. :D

Attachments

• taylor-dog-oregon-park-hole-10.jpg
    taylor-dog-oregon-park-hole-10.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 92
  • taylor-dog-oregon-park-hole-11.jpg
    taylor-dog-oregon-park-hole-11.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 119
Sweet pack Lewis! What brand is it? When I'm gearing to go toss my pup will go over to her pack and sit next to it and cry if I'm not taking her:(

BJ, you have a $20 dig toy lying on the ground there and they're fighting over a twig! Calssic:)

I got a couple of photos of Taylor, my lab, mix at the park today. She's wearing her fairly new REI backpack, and has taken pretty well to carrying around my putters for me. She's also getting closer and closer to being trustworthy off leash, which is my biggest goal. Not that I'm going to leave her off leash at the disc golf park, but it's my best testing ground for my greater goal of being able to take her backpacking without a constant leash in my hand. We're not there yet, but she seems to be catching on pretty well. As you see in the photos, she still wears her leash even when I'm not holding her.

In the first photo, you can imagine I was trying to convince her that my Boss (red disc in the foreground) would have been absolutely parked if it hadn't caught that tree branch on its initial descent. I don't think she's buying it. In the second photo, I caught a nice side view of her smiling and showing off the pack. :D

ooo shes so cool!!! i love labs. how old?

The pack is an REI brand dog pack, and at a tall, lean, 60-something lbs., I think she wears a "medium." The only thing the pack lacks, at least for carrying discs well, is a dual zipper on the side pockets. The way I have it, I zip it up along the front edge, and that keeps it closed enough to hold the discs in without my having to close it up all the way. But if I wanted to, I could zip the pockets up completely. It would hold probably 4-5 discs on a side if I wanted to load her down, but so far I've only given her a couple of putters to a side.

Taylor is about 3 years old, but since she was rescued as a stray, I'm not sure exactly how old she is. I'm estimating a winter birthday to make her 3 now. If you meet her in person and look at her ears and her hindquarters, you can tell she's a mix of black lab and something else, probably some kind of sighthound. She obviously favors the black lab. :)

I wish mine had dual zippers too. And yes they make packs for any size dog (outward hound brand) it just won't hold discs. They make a rain jacket thing that looks pretty cool.

That's a great picture Nothinbutching. They look like a couple of good buddies. That picture made me laugh. :D

Latest posts