• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post pics of your Disc Dog

IMG_0087.jpg

Hey vida!!!

My Buddi Mike Henry one of our home town michigan discgolfers Who is Sponcerd By Discraft was in the 2010 Grange Open Disc Golf Tournament held at the Grange in Spotslyvania, VA. ...

in this Video witch is CLip #3 of 8....
One of there Local Dogs is featured named....BEar ...

CHeck Out tHis clip and the Rest of the 2010 Grange Open ...

Thanks for posting the vid of Bear. He's a very special dog (aren't they all?). He recovered over 700 discs in 07, 08 & 09. We've slacked off a lot this year due to my bad back but he should still get close to 500. We're planning on working the Vibram Open at Maple Hill in Aug and the USDGC in Rock Hill, SC in Oct. Come up and say hi or bring your pup & say woof woof.

Bear the disc dawg

This 1st pic of Bear was taken at Schumaker Pond DGC, The baby geese just happened to walk in front of him while we were waiting to start doubles.

The 2nd is Bear getting the disc out of the basket (he also puts it in) during a demonstration at Salisbury University Funday.

The 3rd is Bear boating on the Little Magothy River. BTW - did I mention that he's also a service dog?

Attachments

• downsized_0810091806.jpg
    downsized_0810091806.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 89
  • funday9070498.jpg
    funday9070498.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 89
  • P1000487.jpg
    P1000487.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 88
I have posted this elsewhere, but this is the Yo.

The Yo abides. Freaks out everytime I go anywhere near a disc golf bag.

attachment.php

This 1st pic of Bear was taken at Schumaker Pond DGC, The baby geese just happened to walk in front of him while we were waiting to start doubles.

The 2nd is Bear getting the disc out of the basket (he also puts it in) during a demonstration at Salisbury University Funday.

The 3rd is Bear boating on the Little Magothy River. BTW - did I mention that he's also a service dog?

That is one beautiful dog you got there :).

This is Lincoln posting in forums on the internet about driving his putters 375'......
1214061801.jpg

And sitting up in the yard.
april1720086.jpg

Not really a disc golf dog. He is a 5 yr old frisbee catching machine though and will play until he collapses. Someone called him the "Michael Jordan" of catching frisbees. If you say the word "frisbee" and he goes crazy barking and jumping ready to go outside and play. My wife and I quietly say the "F word" or "round things" when he is around.

Unfortunately, on the course he is either on the leash and choking himself everytime someone throws or he chases and returns every shot. He even goes nuts in the house hearing the chains ring when I pull out the practice basket in the lawn because he knows I am playing with out him.

Can I really train him to differentiate between his discs and my discs? I havent really tried to fix this - he just doesn't go golfing with me :\ - any help with training methods would be great!

Last edited:

Welcome to the site Chris!
Bear is a legend :)

XAQMAN; Since dogs are color blind maybe you can use scent and size the of the disc you what him to get? Just a thought. Try Zingmini.com I know Criag makes scented minis maybe he come up with a beef,chicken scent mini....... Hey I think I just came up with a new line for him,I need to talk to him about a cut of the profits!?

XAQMAN; Since dogs are color blind maybe you can use scent and size the of the disc you what him to get? Just a thought. Try Zingmini.com I know Criag makes scented minis maybe he come up with a beef,chicken scent mini....... Hey I think I just came up with a new line for him,I need to talk to him about a cut of the profits!?

They still see color though, it's just they don't have as good of eye sight as us(they have 2 cones instead of 3, and a few other things). Also if anything he could get some scent that the dog may be attracted to in a juice of some sort and put it on the discs.

A tip for him though, put some hot sauce on your discs and see if he'll like touching your discs then. Though you'd have to try and make sure he realizes that's just disc golf discs he needs to respect, but that he has his own frisbee.

Here are a couple pictures of Ziggy Barkdust, my Jack Russell, he is a disc dog for sure. He enjoys watching me putt, and has his own disc. I wish I could take him to the course, but he's a handfull. Any JRT owner can tell you that. Picture 1 is Ziggy taking a break from a session of disc tossing and catching. Picture 2 is Ziggy showing off after a great catch, he is very proud when he catches it.
The last picture is of him getting his ball, which he loves just as much as his disc. He can jump his little butt off!

Attachments

• zig 1.jpg
    zig 1.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 89
  • zig 2.jpg
    zig 2.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 79
  • zig 4.jpg
    zig 4.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 84
This is Barney, a 10 month old Lab. I am in the process of training him to obey commands , so I can take him to the course with me. He is a great dog, but he likes to run up and jump on people,because he gets excited, so I am trying to train him, not to do that. Anyone have any tips that would be great. I got a book today from the Library on training Labs. He is a very friendly do. Someone dropped him off at the hotel where my wife works, so she brought him home.:

Dogpicturesforinternet.jpg

aww he looks like lola when she was a pup.

got a body of water to train him in?

Well, I am only a few miles from the river, but I would rather train him to hang with me at the course, and not run up to people, but rather, follow my commands.

So far, I have taught him to sit, and shake , before he gets to eat, and he does it.

Latest posts