• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Post your most recent plastic purchase-Reboot

My brother and nephew hooked me up for my birthday. (It's a good thing - I've lost 3 discs on the course in 10 days :doh:):

(If you can't see - Proton Fireball on top left and Fission Hex on top right) All of 5 I have never thrown before.

The Stål is a great flier! It's one where if you put it on hyzer, it's not standing up at all. But thrown flat or with some anhyzer angle, it'll ride straight/drift for most of its flight and come back at the end. A very versatile disc. I bought one a while back on a whim (not my most recent purchase though) and it turned out to be really great.

My brother and nephew hooked me up for my birthday. (It's a good thing - I've lost 3 discs on the course in 10 days :doh:):

(If you can't see - Proton Fireball on top left and Fission Hex on top right) All of 5 I have never thrown before.

The Svea is an easy flyer. Give it height and some hyzer and it will coast forever.

170g champion It. Oh, wow. It is not a finicky turn over machine like the g-star. It goes really far.
180 Star Jay, Instant in the bag for feel, and flight.
170 Star Eagle, I see star Eagles are getting hard to come by. Saw some f2's in an obnoxiously fluorescent green.

All Doomsday. Base plastic Bleak putter, Despair mid in Survival plastic, Blackout fairway in Toxic Waste plastic, and Dystopia distance in Survival plastic. Plus a very small Infinity bag to house them in for a grab n go 4 disc round. They're all about as neutral as I could get. Should be fun.

Trying to get my 11-speeds settle.

Picked up a Neutron Zenith 169 to compare with Plasma Zenith I've had for the past month.

A Proton Photon 172g to compare with Fission, and Plasma Photon.

Still shaking up my 11-speeds as I transition from x-step to 3-step with the 11-speeds.

Last week a Proton Wave 170g has turned out to be a solid wind disc. I was inspired after picking up a Proton Photon a few weeks prior.

Today a second Plasma Zenith 173g with a James Conrad profile stamp. More than a month ago I picked up a 168g flies great but see what I can do with a heavier disc. If it works out, I'll have a backup. Traded the Neutron Zenith for it, Plasma Z flies much better and more consistent.

Also, today Neutron Ohm 173g looking for that putter that's not floaty in the wind.

Still shaking up my 11-speeds as I transition from x-step to 3-step with the 11-speeds.

Last week a Proton Wave 170g has turned out to be a solid wind disc. I was inspired after picking up a Proton Photon a few weeks prior.

Today a second Plasma Zenith 173g with a James Conrad profile stamp. More than a month ago I picked up a 168g flies great but see what I can do with a heavier disc. If it works out, I'll have a backup. Traded the Neutron Zenith for it, Plasma Z flies much better and more consistent.

Also, today Neutron Ohm 173g looking for that putter that's not floaty in the wind.

Ummm....

Proton Waves are nice neutral fliers but not necessarily a wind disc, unless you're talking tailwind.

Neutron is at least as consistent as plasma, depending on the run.

The Ohm is awesome with great glide, Envy is probably a bit more consistent in windy conditions.

Ummm....

Proton Waves are nice neutral fliers but not necessarily a wind disc, unless you're talking tailwind.

Includes head wind, I do pretty well with wind play, its always in the Virginia Beach area, and 20 mph plus most of Nov-Apr. I do well with neutron and plasma waves in headwind, fission no chance, only downwind with fission.

Neutron is at least as consistent as plasma, depending on the run.

Neutron Zenith just as straight as the Plasma, but less distance and more fade. Today was my first day 3-stepping Plasma's on the practice field into a 10 mph headwind, and back the other way. Straight with a slight fade, and more consistent than the neutron. A few dud turnovers, but mostly good, should be able to work it out the upcoming week. I was having fun and doubled my normal time on the field.

The Ohm is awesome with great glide, Envy is probably a bit more consistent in windy conditions.

I've had a plasma envy since September and yes a solid wind approach and putter. I do get splash outs with longer C1/2 putts. So, I'm checking out other putters, since September Electron ion, proxy, and recently anode. The envy has been better compared to the others. Looking forward to checking out the ohm. I'm getting the feeling I'll be sticking with the envy in the long run as a putter, no matter what it will always be in my bag for approaches. I'm 13 months since my first MVP neutron orbital, its been fun!

My coworker ordered a few discs from Amazon, one of them came in with a strange odorless, gel-like substance on it that was eating the stamp away. Just weird...

attachment.php

Attachments

• AlexBird.jpg
    AlexBird.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 137
3 little piggy's...

I bought 2 Mint Discs Sublime profit from Team Figgins (no affiliation). When i got the first 2 i really liked the feel. Then i decided to get 1 more, since everyone else selling them is charging upwards of $40!...and TF is still selling them for under $20 plus shipping! Plus a swirly Apex bullet Mason Ford Sig series.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 18
Went to my local play it again to find a replacement Understable driver and try out a new overstable approach disc. I had planned on leaving with a sockibomb slammer or zoneos but found this razor claw 3 in the used bin for $10 and couldn't pass it up.

First throw with it was a 150' throw in around a tree. Looks like I won't have an easy excuse to try a million other dumpy approach discs.

Attachments

• IMG_0417.jpg
    IMG_0417.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 12
In the past month:

Star Corvette 167g, I like the G-Star Corvette. Boxed for now with the other 13 and 14 speeds until the heavier wind returns in a few months.

Plasma Tesla 171g completes my 9-speed spread.

Plasma Nomad 173g looking to settle on a C1 putter, but I've dropped a few from C2. See how it goes with heavier wind in a few months. Picked up a DD Recruit basket to work on my putting at home.

Today Neutron Wave 174g to back up a 171g that I've had since last fall, has been my workhorse playing wooded courses.

I have bought ten discs in the last two days. 2 Retro Rivers, a Retro Saint, (star plastic) Tursas, retro Harp, (star plastic) fugitive, soft judge, (retro Judge), (star plastic) explorer, and an Opto Sapphire. My biggest gripe with trilogy is that they have a different name for all the plastics for the different brands. That being said if someone can find me a "What's the best only Trilogy Bag" thread I'll be happy lol.

My coworker ordered a few discs from Amazon, one of them came in with a strange odorless, gel-like substance on it that was eating the stamp away. Just weird...

attachment.php

I had ordered a friend a comic book and the same thing happened from Amazon. He said it was weird but didn't want to try and get a replacement.

Recently searching for a beefcake midrange led me to buying a Metal Flake Champion Gator and a Lucid Ice Justice. I also bought a Jawbreaker Banger GT and a Fusion-X Vandal. I don't think the MF Gator is as dumpy as I desired it to be, but I'll still keep it in the bag. Waiting on Dynamic to ship my Justice and Vandal. I'm still feeling out the Banger GT. Never putted with a groove track disc before. My main putter is a Prime Judge.

I threw my Tursas in the drink... Now I need to buy another Tursas or two or maybe three

Got some good stuff from Innova F2. Halo Valks a bit softer than other halo I have. Champ Wraiths, domey and gummy, swirly champ. ��

I have bought ten discs in the last two days. 2 Retro Rivers, a Retro Saint, (star plastic) Tursas, retro Harp, (star plastic) fugitive, soft judge, (retro Judge), (star plastic) explorer, and an Opto Sapphire. My biggest gripe with trilogy is that they have a different name for all the plastics for the different brands. That being said if someone can find me a "What's the best only Trilogy Bag" thread I'll be happy lol.

If you still are looking to flesh out a Trilogy Bag there's usually a 10 disc mystery box for around 90 bucks on Amazon

If you still are looking to flesh out a Trilogy Bag there's usually a 10 disc mystery box for around 90 bucks on Amazon

My buddy owns one of the shops in town, so I normally try and buy from him whenever possible. At this point I am slowly putting in new stuff and grabbing a driver or two to try out when I go into the shop.