• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Post your most recent plastic purchase-Reboot

Snagged me some beauties today. Had to share!

172 VIP Northman - Grippy, tacky, opaqueness - all sort of sexiness mixed in

172 TP Stag - Typical TP-style feel with a reflective rainbow stamp, not totally sure but I think it's what people call 'oil slick' stamp?

Attachments

• northstag.jpg
    northstag.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 51
  • stag2.jpg
    stag2.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 41
Snagged me some beauties today. Had to share!

172 VIP Northman - Grippy, tacky, opaqueness - all sort of sexiness mixed in

172 TP Stag - Typical TP-style feel with a reflective rainbow stamp, not totally sure but I think it's what people call 'oil slick' stamp?

I think that's closer to what's known as a holo stamp...kinda like the holographic cards that came in comic books in the 90's...silver one way, rainbow at a different angle...

Some fresh purchases for 2014's bag...

12127663015_55725da082_z.jpg

Sparkle Line Hurricane, Big Bee Buzzz, Gummy Champ (xg) Tern

12127945133_9a201b57bc_z.jpg

Blurry pic of: Flat, heavy Meteor ($$$$$), Champy Star Orc, Beadless Gato-I mean Mortar.

12127948383_a0d0631a20_z.jpg

Two sets of twins! Wardens...love the feel...if they're anything like a Judge, wow buddy.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390624044.431316.jpg
I got this right here on DGCR from dehaas
I've never seen a stamp like this.

Any chance for a review of that gummy tern? Is it less stable than normal champ?

Any chance for a review of that gummy tern? Is it less stable than normal champ?

It definitely is. I've got a 175 JL I-dye to compare it to. There is noticeably less HSS with the Gummy. That being said, it's not as much turn as the Star Terns. It's a nice in-between of Regular Champ and Star...Some good turn, but an overall sense of control. I felt one up that leaked out a week or so before the Ice Bowl, and the owner said it was flip city (he uses JL Terns, so I didn't doubt him). When I got a chance to check them out, I did a quick PLH comparison and took the one with the highest. It's ALMOST the same as my JL, just a hair lower...it was significantly higher than the other Gummy's for sale (which would explain the flippy reports). I've been pleased with it so far, and it really feels awesome in the hand.

my most recent plastic purchase.

also my most recently lost disc. lost on the second throw.

IMG_20140122_123556_424_zps7doeaczj.jpg

god ****ing damnit. -___- it was PERFECT. PERFECT, i tell you. solidly overstable, beautiful disc. they have a merlot one with a higher plh and a neon yellow, but this was the perfect color blue...

god ****ing damnit. -___- it was PERFECT. PERFECT, i tell you. solidly overstable, beautiful disc. they have a merlot one with a higher plh and a neon yellow, but this was the perfect color blue...

If it was the same as the pic showed, that is the perfect blue.
I prefer pink, but I am learning a new appreciation for blue, just not dark blue.
Sorry for your loss.

It definitely is. I've got a 175 JL I-dye to compare it to. There is noticeably less HSS with the Gummy. That being said, it's not as much turn as the Star Terns. It's a nice in-between of Regular Champ and Star...Some good turn, but an overall sense of control. I felt one up that leaked out a week or so before the Ice Bowl, and the owner said it was flip city (he uses JL Terns, so I didn't doubt him). When I got a chance to check them out, I did a quick PLH comparison and took the one with the highest. It's ALMOST the same as my JL, just a hair lower...it was significantly higher than the other Gummy's for sale (which would explain the flippy reports). I've been pleased with it so far, and it really feels awesome in the hand.

thanks man

That's what I was afraid of. I would love a gummy tern but I don't need another flippy disc and I can only order online.

:eek: I need one of those.

Recently picked up another avenger, but where do you guys find all these pearly and marbled discs?

Air traffic is frequently dismissed by disc golfers due to price and overall selection. However... The chuckers shop there for the most part. As a result, beauties like that cpd get passed up for things like grooves and destroyers.

Last edited:
After reading about Community Discs here, I had to give it a shot. The service was excellent, and this Rhyno is super gummy goodness. The Roc3 feels great too, but this Rhyno... I may spoon with it tonight since the fiancé is out of town.

Attachments

• CYMERA_20140125_181857.jpg
    CYMERA_20140125_181857.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 59
Actually found a hard to find 150g QOLF on ebay and won it with a reasonable best offer bid. Needed another backup. Now it's just the waiting game for it to get here, and to be able to throw it.

picture.php

Actually found a hard to find 150g QOLF on ebay and won it with a reasonable best offer bid. Needed another backup. Now it's just the waiting game for it to get here, and to be able to throw it.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying that the 1.2 run is hard to find. It's just hard to find the 150g weight QOLFs at all these days.