• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Post your most recent plastic purchase-Reboot

Got a pink Hannah Leatherman Tour Series Color Glow Leopard3. Either it or my blue HL CG Leo3 will back up the other one. It looks really good, and if the rain here will go away, I'll take it out and see how it flies.

Also got an F2 Champion Banshee, 157g. My 150g Banshee sometimes acts more like a Teebird and doesn't fade as hard as I like, while my 165g Banshee is nicely OS like I like, but is 'brickish'. I'm thinking and hoping this one will split the difference and be 'ju-ust right'.

Magnet and 2 Stalkers

Attachments

• 0DB36668-7AE8-41F4-BB1B-DDD84EE10958.jpg
    0DB36668-7AE8-41F4-BB1B-DDD84EE10958.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 30
He's been stocking up on Stalkers in this thread. Pretty sure he's a Magnet guy too.

Stalkers are nice straight shooters.

I've really been in a mood to find a Cyclonesque driver and the Stalker seems to be a similar speed and even has that microbead. Undertaker kind of flies like one...it's just too fast.

At Casey's suggestion, I purchased a DX Dragon, to be one of my DX discs near water and OB. Took it out to the course today and threw it several times. It's not a bad disc. Definitely an 8-speed as far as (relative) distance goes, but it held the lines I threw it on well, and felt comfortable in the hand. It also is either very good DX, or they accidentally dumped some Pro plastic into the mix. Thanks for the suggestion, Casey. :thmbup:

At Casey's suggestion, I purchased a DX Dragon, to be one of my DX discs near water and OB. Took it out to the course today and threw it several times. It's not a bad disc. Definitely an 8-speed as far as (relative) distance goes, but it held the lines I threw it on well, and felt comfortable in the hand. It also is either very good DX, or they accidentally dumped some Pro plastic into the mix. Thanks for the suggestion, Casey. :thmbup:

That disc will turn into a coffee can lid before long. Only good thing about the Dragon is that it floats. If you must have a water disc, at least get a Wahoo.

That disc will turn into a coffee can lid before long. Only good thing about the Dragon is that it floats. If you must have a water disc, at least get a Wahoo.

Wahoo may be too high a speed for what I'm using it for. We'll see how the Dragon does, but I may end up going back to the Archangel, DX Beast, or DX Sidewinder. And the Dragon will either wear out or be claimed by the DG gods...

Wahoo may be too high a speed for what I'm using it for. We'll see how the Dragon does, but I may end up going back to the Archangel, DX Beast, or DX Sidewinder. And the Dragon will either wear out or be claimed by the DG gods...

It can still be useful for the type of shots Eagle throws his beat D-line FD. Easy roller and stand still anhyzer lines. Not saying I would suggest buying one, but since you have it, might as well have fun using it.

I just got an order of new discs in the mail today. I just got back from theowing them in the field.

1) 175 gram XT Whale

This is my go-to putter so I needed another for more reps during practice. Very straight with a small fade.

2) 171 gram star Lion

Very straight with fade. Throw a little higher than normal, and you'll get even more fade. It felt great in my hand, and those who say it feels like a mako 3 are absolutely correct. I need more reps with it, but I'm definitely thinking it will stay in my bag.

3) 173 gram DX Stingray

I wasn't really a fan of how this disc felt in my hand, but when I threw it in the field, I was highly impressed. Lots of glide with minimal effort. It also held an anhyzer well, which isn't surprising, since it's an understable disc. It's a keeper for sure!

Just got my Gold line Ballista Pro and a Opto-X Compass in the mail from the L64 factory store.

Attachments

• 624F1E90-3C6C-474E-B3A1-5062D831FE14.jpg
    624F1E90-3C6C-474E-B3A1-5062D831FE14.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 24
Just got another Proline Titanic 173-174 , one of the second backup set of 175 gram ones I got has a concave spot on it I am having a hard time getting rid of. Still waiting for it to come in the mail, ordered disc online.

He's been stocking up on Stalkers in this thread. Pretty sure he's a Magnet guy too.

Stalkers are nice straight shooters.

Magnet user currently Jawbreaker plastic and Proline Titanic's as the hot weather replacement for the Jawbreaker plastic disc mold flies the same just a bit slower due to the height. Stocked up on Stalkers because they were going oop I thought so but I have since seen the disc in stock online from most sellers in any weight below 175 grams. I also Use Impact but that is fairway/midrange hybrid basically if not for woods tunnel shots the Impact is then used for the Too short for my midrange shot Too long for a true fairway driver.

Does he throw Stalkers? I thought it was Impacts

Both. One is a hybrid fairway/midrange, Impact and the other Stalker, is a true fairway replacement for the XL as the XL is only sold in Pro D. The Stalker in Z is better then the XL in Z. The XL in ESP assuming lower dome is almost the same as a Stalker, high dome XL in ESP fly odd.

Impact mold flies best in the 170-172 and the 173-174 weight ranges as the others lighter are too flippy and the other heavier ones are lacking glide.

Last edited:
I grabbed these from a PIAS in Kansas a few weeks ago. The JLS feel like leopards. They have the same tooling too... Hmmmm... The orange 1.27 glides for a minute.
Someone left a Scale behind. Too easy for $5.

Attachments

• 1557399891771-373757231.jpg
    1557399891771-373757231.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 35
D1 Max in 400 plastic
D2 Max in 400 plastic
H2 v2 in 750 plastic
H4 v2 in 400 plastic
XXX in Gold Line plastic

I've really been in a mood to find a Cyclonesque driver and the Stalker seems to be a similar speed and even has that microbead. Undertaker kind of flies like one...it's just too fast.

I was needing a XL replacement as they were only in Pro D and Pro D has been a bit soft for a really long time since sometime in 2005 the plastic changed. For the better too as in winter the Pro D plastic does not shatter like the old stiff stuff.

D1 Max in 400 plastic
D2 Max in 400 plastic
H2 v2 in 750 plastic
H4 v2 in 400 plastic
XXX in Gold Line plastic

I see you like Prodigy. Just curious, do you use any of the F series?

Just got another Proline Titanic 173-174 , one of the second backup set of 175 gram ones I got has a concave spot on it I am having a hard time getting rid of. Still waiting for it to come in the mail, ordered disc online.

I have gotten the New Titanic and it is Yellow with Royal Blue stamp as the colors. I was able to almost fix the Titanic in Royal Blue and gold Stamp though now with the heat treatment then freezer and today in the freezer after I put weight on the spot that is micro concave however the disc is more flexible then my other Titanic's, fine since the others are a bit bouncy in the basket but not overly bouncy being they are Proline plastic. The Blue Titanic now has a micro concave spot where before it was more noticeable.

Latest posts