• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Post your most recent plastic purchase-Reboot

Currently throwing a 174 Fuzion Sheriff for my 450'+ it's-gotta-clear-this-water shot, but it has a tendency to flip a bit too much.

I wish I had your problems. At 450' I don't even have to decide whether to layup or try to clear the water, I just layup naturally. :|

I think you made the right call. Jawbreaker Zone really is a perfect slow, overstable, grippy, disc that will sit and stick. It's unfortunate that you don't like Discraft permium plastic, because a Titanium Zone + Jawbreaker Zone is a fantastic pairing.

It doesn't seem to be a problem with other Discraft discs. I currently throw Stalkers and Comets in various plastics. Used to throw Flash, XL, Buzzz, Wasp, and Predator mostly in Z and ESP. Just picked up a Z Raptor and it's great.

But I've tried several Z and Ti Zones, and I found them all to be extremely slick. Couldn't get a clean release at all.

One new Zeus, four Buzzz, and some Aviars.

Attachments

• 20190803_140823.jpg
    20190803_140823.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 20190803_135307.jpg
    20190803_135307.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 20190803_141847.jpg
    20190803_141847.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 28
Dug through used bins at a local shop and came out with a pretty good haul.
1st Run QOLS 8/10
Early Millennium OLS 8/10
Old Patent Number Rhyno with the hardest DX plastic I've ever felt 5/10
Glow Cobra 8/10
Three PFN Champ Starfires: The Yellow and Blue are pearly, the orange is like candy. The Yellow Pearly Starfire absolutely bombs.
0.jpg

0-1.jpg

Just ordered 2 Discraft First Run ESP Zeuses, 175 and 174 gm. I am currently throwing Fuzion Raiders and Bio Defenders. Looking for something that will flip a tad more than the Raider for mega-bombs. Currently throwing a 174 Fuzion Sheriff for my 450'+ it's-gotta-clear-this-water shot, but it has a tendency to flip a bit too much. Hoping the Zeus is the answer :)
I wish I had your problems. At 450' I don't even have to decide whether to layup or try to clear the water, I just layup naturally. :|

Water was just the example, it could be any obstacle like 425+ish out that landing short really isn't acceptable and needs that around 425-450' carry. I can really only throw raiders and defenders to around 425 (defenders maybe a tad less)...need that extra bit of turn/glide to get the extra D.

Last edited:
It doesn't seem to be a problem with other Discraft discs. I currently throw Stalkers and Comets in various plastics. Used to throw Flash, XL, Buzzz, Wasp, and Predator mostly in Z and ESP. Just picked up a Z Raptor and it's great.

But I've tried several Z and Ti Zones, and I found them all to be extremely slick. Couldn't get a clean release at all.

Sometimes Z is a bit Stiff and Slick, I have A 2008 Wasp with a tournament stamp and I can't use the disc due to how slick it is. Even having the disc sit in a hot car for a hour or so did not help.

Only other plastic like that is some of the Jolly Launcher Champion that my two Destroyers came in, had to let them sit in a hot car for an hour to have them not so stiff.

Still Not from CE era I believe. But I throw old Aeros and love em!

Nothing flies like an Aero! Best power:distance ratio of any disc I'm aware of, that's for sure!

That disc is super pearly though. I will post a bunch more pics when I get it in hand, but I honestly I'm just thrilled to have a champ. Never saw one I could afford before! In an attempt to learn more though- what are the indicators for its vintage? Really pearly old champ I always thought was approximate CE era. What should I be looking for to determine that?

Last edited:
Nothing flies like an Aero! Best power:distance ratio of any disc I'm aware of, that's for sure!

That disc is super pearly though. I will post a bunch more pics when I get it in hand, but I honestly I'm just thrilled to have a champ. Never saw one I could afford before! In an attempt to learn more though- what are the indicators for its vintage? Really pearly old champ I always thought was approximate CE era. What should I be looking for to determine that?

The Disc is not fully CE era but could be the transitional to modern early run Champion, as the Disc says Champion on it and not Champion Edition or CE like some of the true CE discs. The way I know it is not fully modern Champion disc is the fact the discs are missing the half circle that all Champion discs have and is with the big Innova logo.

The Disc is not fully CE era but could be the transitional to modern early run Champion, as the Disc says Champion on it and not Champion Edition or CE like some of the true CE discs. The way I know it is not fully modern Champion disc is the fact the discs are missing the half circle that all Champion discs have and is with the big Innova logo.

I am 99% these Aeros are from late 2006, then there was a less pearly gummy run too. Honestly this plastic is just as durable as CE, more durable than the toffee CE for sure. It's really just pedantry , but these definitely came out after the CE era!

I am 99% these Aeros are from late 2006, then there was a less pearly gummy run too. Honestly this plastic is just as durable as CE, more durable than the toffee CE for sure. It's really just pedantry , but these definitely came out after the CE era!

Thanks for the clarification guys. I'm still learning and am trying to soak up as much as I can along the way. I would have still been stoked if it was regular champ plastic fwiw :)

Thanks for the clarification guys. I'm still learning and am trying to soak up as much as I can along the way. I would have still been stoked if it was regular champ plastic fwiw :)

Yeah, Should be as an Arero is no longer made in any plastic, the Innova company just sold off the last of the Aero discs period they had in storage.

I couldn't help myself. Stopped at the local big box sports retailer and they had a 167 Star Thunderbird in a beautiful blaze orange. Had to have it.