• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Post your most recent plastic purchase-Reboot

Been looking for slower fairway drivers these days for more finesse. Undertakers and Anax's are booming too far, and powering up on mids can still leave me short on a few holes.

Looking forward to working the XL into the bag.

Those look like they are the good XL.

The Good ESP was made before the ESP went flex for the Ace race disc and after 2008 when ESP came back. ESP was gone for only ESP FLX in 2008 and when ESP came back in 2009 ESP it was not as OS or as durable as the old version. My Impact discs all 7 backup are either the FLX style ESP the way the Ace Race disc came out as 2 are for backup are or they are like the old ESP before the swirl that was not durable to what ESP or as OS to what should be. The Plastic was just a Stiffer run of X at the time. I hear new ESP is not as durable as the rather old ESP but, is Nearly as OS as the old ESP made before the 2007 ace race disc.

Been looking for slower fairway drivers these days for more finesse. Undertakers and Anax's are booming too far, and powering up on mids can still leave me short on a few holes.

Looking forward to working the XL into the bag.

If those do not work, the Stalker is another great mold to try.

Undertaker and Anax are basically Control drivers at 9 speed.

Recently purchased 5 overstable mids to fill the gap between my flippy DD verdict and definitely not flippy DD justice. Here's what I got (all about 170g) throwing backhand into the wind.

Prodigy M1. Challenging grip. Flippy and holds the line way longer than expected.
Millennium Sentinel MF. A little floaty but holds line pretty well. Nice big fade.
Axiom Pyro. Goes far. Bites a little and fades late.
Discmania MD5. So little glide and range. Like throwing a brick. Might be useful if too much wind for my Zone. Makes a cool sound.
Discraft Malta. WTF? Turned right every time. I though it was meant to have positive HST? Hooked up and went far.

In the end, I could get the Malta to perform with hyzer but I can do that with any midrange. Why does it have these numbers? I am not a big arm (drivers can go 350' at a push) but am I just over powering or over torquing these supposedly over stable mid ranges?

Recently purchased 5 overstable mids to fill the gap between my flippy DD verdict and definitely not flippy DD justice. Here's what I got (all about 170g) throwing backhand into the wind.

Prodigy M1. Challenging grip. Flippy and holds the line way longer than expected.
Millennium Sentinel MF. A little floaty but holds line pretty well. Nice big fade.
Axiom Pyro. Goes far. Bites a little and fades late.
Discmania MD5. So little glide and range. Like throwing a brick. Might be useful if too much wind for my Zone. Makes a cool sound.
Discraft Malta. WTF? Turned right every time. I though it was meant to have positive HST? Hooked up and went far.

In the end, I could get the Malta to perform with hyzer but I can do that with any midrange. Why does it have these numbers? I am not a big arm (drivers can go 350' at a push) but am I just over powering or over torquing these supposedly over stable mid ranges?

Virtually every comment on infinite for the malta talks about it being not as overstable as anticipated.

I couldn't dream of turning the one I threw(I'm more of a 300' guy with a Heat or a Beast), but it flew more like a nice stable brand new DX Roc than a Wasp or a Buzzz OS.

Virtually every comment on infinite for the malta talks about it being not as overstable as anticipated.

I couldn't dream of turning the one I threw(I'm more of a 300' guy with a Heat or a Beast), but it flew more like a nice stable brand new DX Roc than a Wasp or a Buzzz OS.

I find the malta to be exactly the same way. Flies more like my fresh Z wasp than it does a Buzzz OS.

I have noticed though that the smaller diameter Malta is more comfortable for FH than my Wasp. So for the time being I'm carrying both.

I can make the wasp work FH, and BH the malta flies the same. So I should probably pare down the bag by 1 disc. But I'm stubborn.

Glo Z Comet for night rounds, one of the only slots that was missing in my glow bag. Feels great but unfortunately, it is the absolute weakest glow disc I've ever seen. I may still have to attach glow tape it's so weak.

Attachments

• 17D3A8C1-8087-4FDC-9E10-001B7BF06BDE.jpg
    17D3A8C1-8087-4FDC-9E10-001B7BF06BDE.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 20
AF1QipMoJxGIFw02GlrZUaS7VtSyMKCYhGst7p5qGoFV

Yeah discraft glow disc are trash

They are seriously the worst. My old Glo Stalkers are at least somewhat useable. This Comet is so weak I actually thought the shop messed up and sent me a regular Z by mistake at first.

If I shine my UV torch on it for like a solid minute I'll get a weak glow. Most glow discs only need a few seconds with that same torch, and they're super bright.

3 sveas

One mint fr
One pink 172
One "duck egg blue" whatever that is 175

They are seriously the worst. My old Glo Stalkers are at least somewhat useable. This Comet is so weak I actually thought the shop messed up and sent me a regular Z by mistake at first.

If I shine my UV torch on it for like a solid minute I'll get a weak glow. Most glow discs only need a few seconds with that same torch, and they're super bright.

Glow X or Pro D is not bad but all if you can find that rarer glow stuff but the more common premium glow is garbage. :(

4 new g-star plastic discs arriving later this week for the cold season
Shark -175
Manta -172
Mortar -175
Teebird -168
I got an Aviar -171, and a Skeeter -167 a couple weeks ago.
My all g-star, line, etc. bag is nearly complete. It's nice to have projects.

Went to the local store. I was hoping to pick up a Z Heat and/or some DX Thunderbirds to cycle and/or a 150 class 7 speed. All of that was sold out.

Picked up a D Line P2 and a Zero Medium Pure. Not really sure where either slots in my bag, but really like both discs and first impressions match my expectations.