• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post Your Personal DG Milestones

2 days ago, I discovered snap. I went from 225 to 275 in one afternoon, breaking the almighty 300 mark a few times!

(See that? I used REAL feet, not internet feet!)

Won an unsanctioned event yesterday against a 990 rated player, it was a real battle going all the way to the last hole but a very satisfying win and my best yet.

I want to break 400 with a single digit speed driver, I hit it with a wraith a couple days ago

I've finally gone from a craps shoot on putts 15-20ft out to 90% + on putts 15-20 ft.

Also, I broke 300 ft a couple times while field driving :).

I'm glad to say discing down finally paid off. Something just clicked last week, and I was getting my Buzzz out close to 300, straight line. Every disc I threw was coming out nice and clean, no flutter, no turn'n'burn. I've been working a while to get here, and there's only more to come.

I guess what I mean is I finally unraveled the mystery of "snap".

Woooooooooo

^I have begun to unravel the mystery of snap. It's so exciting!

Step #1 was: Forget everything you know about THROWING a disc. You are no longer throwing.

I love it!

Last week for my first after work round of the year, I beat my local course here for the first time. I only shot one under, but I have been working really hard over the past several months to play by the rules and eliminate the temptation to rethrow or call putts good when they really aren't. This was my first true victory over the course and it came not because of amazing throws, but the avoidance of major mistakes. This has been a huge goal of mine and it was a very rewarding experience.

My Milestones

Last year had some great moments.
This year I want to win an MA2 Tourney, have taken 2nd and 3rd in tourneys but no #1 in anything higher than Novice....

Get my rating up to 935+ only 38 points to go... lol
Break the 1000 round barrier, close with a 992 @ piney woods last year.
Double digit aces, one more to go.
Cover all tourneys with winnings sold.... Need yalls help on this one.

Also want to break the 400' flat land barrier. Consistent not occasional.

The biggest mile stone though, figure out where my putting game went to. I putted better 6 months in than I do now... Oh and get it back... :wall:

• 1980: Designed the "frisbee golf" course on the grounds of the University of Virginia
  • 1999: Created the Great 8 tournament. (Play 8 courses in one day.)
  • 2005: definitively and indisputably answered the age old question: what is par?
  • Jan 2006: completed playing every public and private course in North Carolina in existence at that time. (But I haven't been able to keep up with the explosion of courses since then.)
  • June 2007: joined DGCR, member #74 (gold
  • 2009: First DGCR Golden Ace
  • 2010: played the Great 8 for the 12th straight year
  • Sept 2010: at age 51, set the world record for "The Most Holes played in 24 hours" with 1114 holes. (I need to mention this one while I still can with 2 guys already gunning for it this year.)
  • 2011: have played more public and private NC courses than anyone else. >121
  • 2011: joined the DGCR 100 Reviews club

I finally broke the 400' barrier. I'm on my way to shooting even or better at all my local courses, still left are Trinity Links and Highland Park, where my personal bests are +3 at each. I also was finally able to dial in my bag, for what I hope will be permanent.

My next big goal is to get rated out of Novice.

I would like to birdie or better the holes on the courses I play a lot that I have not yet birdied. Some of them might require a long throw in but I still want them :D.

Off the top of my head
#5 Cedar Hills
#3 Zebulon
#12 Long Glenn C Hilton

I would also like to be rated over 900 (894 Currently) though I haven't done a tourney since 2009.

My goal is to shoot under par so often that instead of calling me slowRoll, they start calling me Steady Eddy. And after finishing in 2nd place for the 3rd tournament in a row to start off this year... getting a win would be nice too. Clapping while they call someone else's name < smiling while they call your name.

Damn you Ricky Bobby's dad for planting that seed in my brain:
"If you ain't first, you're last!"

I finally shot in the 40's (49 :D) at my local course and i reached 75 courses played on my last road trip.

i went and played last week a few times before all of this snow sh*t happened again in MN, and i took alot of your guys' tips along with me, and last year at my course i was parking holes with my nuke, and i did a little discing down and working more on snap, now im parking them same holes with my stalker! i think breaking 400' will still be a challenge but not as impossible i thought it was going to be, and i just want to thank all of the DGCR members that have posted on my threads and gave me tips to help me become better!