• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Post Your Personal DG Milestones

DG Korea

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336&page=345&highlight=korea

I posted in another thread but this one is more fitting.

Tournament in Busan, South Korea.

3 rounds. I had the lead after 1st round, 2nd I still had the lead but by less. 3rd round I lost the lead after 3 holes.
I focused and made some good approaches and a couple needed putts. Finished off with a drive where I landed 1ft from the basket. Final hole, I went through the 2 tree mandatory and avoided OB and had a solid lay up and par putt.

I ended up winning the event. So thats a cool thing in DG accomplishments. Got a trophy, some $, a marker, and a disc that a guy we play with (him and his company) makes.

Good times, beautiful day right along the south end of Busan in the Bay area (East sea/ Sea of Japan.)

Discraft represent. Although I also used an Aviar (much needed) and an Eagle.

:thmbup:

Attachments

• DSCF9222.jpg
    DSCF9222.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF9217.jpg
    DSCF9217.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 15
Thanks, thrembo. Heading back out now to get a couple more rounds in. This little course seems great to learn on but I feel like I really should be reaching the pin with nearly every drive on these short holes if I want to start playing competitively.

I also need to read up on the rules a bit more...specifically out of bounds rules. Yesterday, I'm quite sure I landed out a couple of times but I just "played it as it lied" (correct tense? lied, laid??). Anyway, hopefully I don't run into the Random Doubles that goes on out there on Sundays, not sure I want to burden a random player with my handicap.

My personal dg milestone is playing my first league, scoring decently in the rec division, and preparing myself for the next event. I have been working long and hard on my putting (weakest link in my game) and form to work on my game. When the time comes I will practice a hyzer flip as i finally understand exactly what it is.

first tournament ace - 5-14-11
first ADV win - 5-14-11
first 980+ round 5-20 something-11
First 1000 rated round.....TBA
First Pro Cash.....TBA
first PRO Win......TBA

So today I bought a Z Avenger SS, and with that single purchase, I've come full circle in my disc golf career. When I started playing about a year ago, a Pro-d Avenger SS was one of the first discs I purchased. I know, classic newbie mistake to buy any higher speed driver. Predictably, I couldn't throw it at all backhand (one reason being it was too heavy) and even though I could forehand it okay at first, after a couple of months of constant use and abuse, it was too flippy for this too. But now with much improved throws from both sides and being a little wiser about discs, I picked up a lighter Z A-ss this time. And after throwing it a bit earlier today, I can report that it flies off of both sides! It's not about the disc really, just more about improving and learning about disc golf in general.

I hit a major milestone on Sunday. I got my first cash in the open division. I took 3rd place in a field of about 30 in the Chik-Fil-A Open in Mesa, AZ. I'm really stoked about this one, as my confidence has been at an all time low due to taking my first DFL in my last pro tournament. Next big goals are getting my rating over 975 and getting my first pro win.

I got to 500 courses played recently, halfway to my major goal of 1000. I'm also at 38 states played, getting closer to all 50.

playing a (non tourney, non sanctioned) 1000 rated round at my home course

I hit a major milestone on Sunday. I got my first cash in the open division. I took 3rd place in a field of about 30 in the Chik-Fil-A Open in Mesa, AZ. I'm really stoked about this one, as my confidence has been at an all time low due to taking my first DFL in my last pro tournament. Next big goals are getting my rating over 975 and getting my first pro win.

Oh, I forgot that I also got my first tournament Eagle, not just once, but twice my first round. I took a deuce on a par 4 (ran for an ace on the 490', but barely missed), then took a near "drop-in 3" on a par 5. Being able to throw far definately gave me an advantage on the par 87, 24 hole course.

Got my 1st Ace this year, and then got my 2nd.

I played in my first PDGA event. I didn't embarrass myself and came in 3rd Advanced Grand Masters Division.

2011 is the first year I seriously started playing DG routinely with my friends, every Tuesday. Randall Oaks in West Dundee, IL is where we usually go and I also played while my Wife and I vacationed in northern WI, Sandy Point x2 and Brandy Park.

While playing Randall Oaks, I've always said I'll ace #2 (194ft with some trees) before the summer is over and the joke became I'll ace it before I die. This past Sunday, 9/4/11, a buddy of mine and I played Lippold Park in Crystal Lake, IL and I lost my two week old pro leopard on hole #14. Later in the day I went over to Randall Oaks and finally aced #2 and shot my lowest round of -10. Figures I was alone though...

Next milestone would be to place in a tourney I guess. I'm hoping to play my first tourney on 9/11/11 in Kirkland, IL

So far this year...

1. Hit 1st and 2nd ace
2. Played first tournament
3. Vacationed at Highbridge Hills.
4. Collect all models of Latitude 64 discs

Goal for next few months: Design and install a course in Ulm, Germany.

My milestone for the summer was getting my game back to where it was ten years ago when I mostly retired (marriage, kids, overtime, divorce)
Hit a couples of aces
Played in a few tourneys, 8 I think. Never finished first or last, took 2nd once.
Goals for the next year:
Ace hole 14 (in short position) at my home course, shore acres in saugatuck Mi.
Take first in a b tier or above.
Put together a bag of mint first run ce's for my unborn son :)
Be able to confidently throw my buzzz on holes in the 375-400 foot range.
Get my little girl out to as many different courses as possible.

Latest posts