• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Practice Shot Ace! How excited should I be?

rowdyray

While playing Shepherd Rec. Center today in Chattanooga, I threw an Ace on #8. Unfortunately, it was just an extra practice shot I threw after my first shot smacked a tree. I played the first disc and ended up with a bogey. However, the Ace was my first Ace of any kind. I have been playing since November, Exactly how excited should I be about my Ace that doesn't count?

Really just a high five moment and that is about it. You can list it as a Cubby Ace though.

in a spur of the moment sense... very- you threw a great shot.
in a long term sense- nada- you still don't have an ace...

I love that hole! I almost went to play today but got out of work late.

I'm waiting for my ace there. What did you throw?

in a long term sense- nada- you still don't have an ace...

I agree - I have stopped counting aces since it is random luck that a well thrown shot hits the chains and stick.....or a poorly throw shot gets stopped by the chains. Plus I have a whole mixture of tournament aces with money attached and not, real aces, 2nd throw aces, cubby aces. Semantically, how do you draw the line on what a real ace is??

I disagree - any throw from the tee pad that goes into the basket is an "ace"....even if you would not record a "1" onto your scorecard for the throw.

I threw a DX Cobra. It was a beautiful hyzer right into the basket. As it started getting close, I almost hoped it wouldn't just so I wouldn't be tortured by what should have been. Nevertheless, it was an awesome moment.

An ace is an ace.

In 2007 at the Wisconsin Tour Warm up I aced in a warm-up throw a few minutes before "2 minutes" was called. You can never predict the future, so just enjoy the fact you aced! There are many still searching for #1.

Congrats on the ace

I love that hole! I almost went to play today but got out of work late.

I'm waiting for my ace there. What did you throw?

I enjoy the course as well and stop by there on my way home from work when I can. I like that you can play a round in such a short amount of time.

On a side note, a huge tree is down after the storms on Monday and is completely covering the ninth tee. Fortunately, the sign was not damaged, but you have to play it from the walking path close to the tee. It makes for an awkward throw.

I threw a DX Cobra. It was a beautiful hyzer right into the basket. As it started getting close, I almost hoped it wouldn't just so I wouldn't be tortured by what should have been. Nevertheless, it was an awesome moment.

i totally agree with you. i threw a practice shot on hole 18 at jefferson barracks in STL, MO. My first shot banked off a tree, so i threw my champ panther and a frozen rope right at the basket. it bounced off chain and fell off the edge of the basket. my friends asked if i was pissed b/c it didnt stay in, but i told them it wouldnt have counted so im glad it bounced out.

The next person that starts ANOTHER one of these threads is getting an infraction. :p

My opinion is you should be very excited, whether or not it is an ace ...I'm not touching that one.

The next person that starts ANOTHER one of these threads is getting an infraction. :p

My opinion is you should be very excited, whether or not it is an ace ...I'm not touching that one.

I didn't search the forums. Sorry for any redundancy. Of course, I also wanted to share my experience and didn't feel that it should go on the Aces thread.

I'm not sure I understand the question - "how excited should I be?"

The event already happened right? Well how excited were you when you when the disc hit the chains? You should be as excited as you want to be about it. If you wanna count it as an ace, then go ahead and count it as an ace.

In general asking others how you should feel about something on an internet forum is going to end negatively...

If it were me personally, I'd be excited. You still have to execute the shot to throw it in, regardless of whether you were "practicing" or not. Anyone that tried to talk **** about it I'd tell them to gfy...