• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pretty cool alternative to headphones

throwfromthewoods

Double Eagle Member
I was browsing around the ol' interwebs and came across these:

http://luckybums.com/musicstrap.aspx

$15.00 says "weatherproof" (although who knows how durable). And just straps on any backpack straps to provide speakers right next to your ears. No need to take earbuds in and out every throw. Obviously other people will be able to hear them though. But for casual rounds or tourney cards where no one minds, these seem like a great $15 to spend.

MusicStrap.jpg

Can't beat half off either, definitely snagging these.
EDIT: NVM, THEIR SHIPPING RATES ARE OUTRAGEOUS!!!!

Last edited:
Can't beat half off either, definitely snagging these.
EDIT: NVM, THEIR SHIPPING RATES ARE OUTRAGEOUS!!!!

I didn't check any shipping rates, but there are other places online that sell them. This was just the manufacturer's website.

edit: Meh, it's still under $30.00 even shipped. If they are good sound quality it's still a pretty good deal.

Last edited:
I just pop a X-mini II in one of my bag compartments and turn it up to 50%. Any higher and I'll disturb people on other holes. I do have to take it out and charge it once a month, but it sure beats going through 12 AA batteries every month.

I enjoy these. battery life is pretty damn good, probably 10 rounds or so. and it's got good sound and volume.

For me... The main reason for headphones is to keep me from getting distracted DURING my throw. I usually take them in to chat between holes or whenever I'm walking with my bag on, so this sorta defeats the purpose.

You get what you pay for. I use the goal Zero stereo pack its the shiz! It also cam with a solar panel to recharge it last for atleast a couple rounds depending on sound level and it gets loud as ****.(so loud it will piss ppl off far away :)) Must say its a good product.
opplanet-goal-zero-904011-rock-out-speaker-green.jpg

goal-zero-rock-out-speakers.jpg

Worth every penny!And when I go hikin the solar panel charges my iphone and other stuff.

Last edited:
I'm pretty skeptical about the sound quality and max volume level of these backpack speakers, but I have great confidence that the slightest jarring when you put your backpack down will degrade the (already suspect) quality of these.

Maybe I'm just a cynic.

You get what you pay for. I use the goal Zero stereo pack its the shiz! It also cam with a solar panel to recharge it last for atleast a couple rounds depending on sound level and it gets loud as ****.(so loud it will piss ppl off far away :)) Must say its a good product.

Worth every penny!And when I go hikin the solar panel charges my iphone and other stuff.

how much? and a link?

I got one of these too! :hfive: It's gets loud and rechargeable via usb...very much worth it!

+1 on the Goal Zero. I got 2 at the Costco road show they did for $25 each. They sound great and the battery lasts a long time.

It also cam with a solar panel to recharge it last for atleast a couple rounds

Note: the model that comes with the solar panel is $75... Regardless, just bought a pair. Hope they live up to the hype.

BTW: Some brief research online seems to show they can die on you. I bought mine from REI for the same price for their excellent return policy.

REI.com

Last edited:

Latest posts