• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Prince- overstable distance driver

the1discChallenge

Eagle Member
Another Round posted a video of the new Westside Prince. Looks like a Matty-O disc (did he help design it? or perhaps just a tour series/signature disc?) that fills a big gap in Westside's line up. Looks to be like a Destroyer/DD3 type disc.

Their numbers are so far off that it doesn't fit too terribly in their line up. The War Horse is (I think) oop, or at least hard to find, and the Adder is way domier and chunkier. The Giant is closer to a Boss IRRC and the Sorcerer is flippy, like a Bolt or Katana, but with a thinner rim. Based on how Joseph was throwing it, it actually fills the gap nicely between the Sorcerer and the Giant. Basically, flight numbers don't matter...in general, but ESPECIALLY for Westside.

I'm guessing instead of remaking the Enforcer in a new 'Supreme' version they went with this signature line disc for Wysocki.
As I said in the Sockibomb General thread, I assume they decided to come up with a new mold compatible with the Lat64 Royal/DD Supreme process & quality instead of remaking an existing named mold. War Horse & Adder might only get LE releases from now on and Giant/Sorcerer are pretty old (release >10 years now) so they may go to the OOP/LE rotation.

I'm guessing Matt Orum had some input and asked for a faster Sword/Flow that was a 1/2 step down in stability from the Rive. Numbers are marketing so they had to fit the Prince in among the existing WS lineup (which has some numbers that are a bit off the actual flights now). I expect a little turn will show up for the Prince in different plastic blends off the shelf (more like a new DM DD3?).

Warhorse is not officially OOP but is "limited production" only two runs made since 2019.

This is very similar to some Giants but the Giant has the most variation of any mold they have. Destroyer level variation. Maybe this one can be more predictable?

Those numbers on the Sorcerer are bogus it's kind of flippy.

Isn't that like the most overcrowded part of Westside lineup?
Between the War Horse (13/4/0/4), the Adder (13/5/0/4), the Giant (13/4/0/3.5) and the Sorcerer (13/5/-0.5/3).

Ya, they also have the World 14/4/-0.5/3 and Catapult 13/3/-0.5/3.

Sorcerers are flippy. I used to throw VIP Sorcs interchangeably with Champ Terns. I would say Terns had some stable runs. Sorcs didnt. They used to be stamped 13-6-0-2, which made sense if you knew Westside flight numbers. Changing it to -0.5/3 (same as Giant??) was pretty baffling move. Kings are more high speed stable and they're marked -1.5/3.

Westside flight numbers are completely opaque nonsense.

If you need them, kid stamped War Horse is 3 for 2 on Lat64s site.

Ya, they also have the World 14/4/-0.5/3 and Catapult 13/3/-0.5/3.

Sorcerers are flippy. I used to throw VIP Sorcs interchangeably with Champ Terns. I would say Terns had some stable runs. Sorcs didnt. They used to be stamped 13-6-0-2, which made sense if you knew Westside flight numbers. Changing it to -0.5/3 (same as Giant??) was pretty baffling move. Kings are more high speed stable and they're marked -1.5/3.

Westside flight numbers are completely opaque nonsense.

If you need them, kid stamped War Horse is 3 for 2 on Lat64s site.
Thanks, I did order some!

Isn't that like the most overcrowded part of Westside lineup?
Between the War Horse (13/4/0/4), the Adder (13/5/0/4), the Giant (13/4/0/3.5) and the Sorcerer (13/5/-0.5/3).

Giant is more like 13, 5, -1, 3. Sorcerer is much flippier than their numbers indicate. I'd say something like 13, 5, -3, 2.

Catapult is a useless mold. 13, 4, -1, 3. It's like a crappier Giant or World.

World: 14, 5, -1, 3. Similar to the Ballista Pro. Turns a little more as you beat it in.

King: 13, 5, -3, 2. Pretty flippy.

Sword: 12, 5, -2, 2.

Westside has always been horrible at assigning flight numbers.

Adder and War Horse are legitimately beefy.

FWIW I have a couple of Tournament-X Adders and those are the most overstable distance drivers I've ever thrown. Much more overstable than a PD2 or Panic. Also zero glide, they do not want to stay in the air at all.

FWIW I have a couple of Tournament-X Adders and those are the most overstable distance drivers I've ever thrown. Much more overstable than a PD2 or Panic. Also zero glide, they do not want to stay in the air at all.
Those are awesome, I use them as my long distance trick shot/this cannot turn over disc.

Those are awesome, I use them as my long distance trick shot/this cannot turn over disc.
I'm definitely not surprised you like them 😅

I couldn't really find a good enough reason to keep one in the bag. It was more a slightly longer compliment to my Flares than a compliment to any of my distance drivers.

Latest posts