• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Pro Pig vs R-Pro Pig

Bugz36984

Birdie Member
My favorite disc and most reliable is the Pro Pig. I absolutely love this disc but no longer have any new, fresh, stable ones in my collection. Instead of paying $15-20 for a new one, I was considering the R-Pro pig since they are $11 at my local shop. Any major differences to expect, or are they pretty consistent between the two plastics?

R-Pro is floppier than regular Pro, especially from a few years ago. The grip is similar, though, I guess.

I like Pro Pigs because they're nice and stuff, but still grippy.

the two R-pro pigs that I own feel like regular pro plastic to me, they are nice and stiff and can take a beating. I have held a few pigs owned by other people that feel like R-pro in every way and seem like they would get bent out of shape on the first tree hit.

anybody else notice this?

I've been putting with R-Pro pigs lately due to wind. Putter is working well for me, however, has anyone noticed a lot of chain outs? Is this due to the more flexible R-Pro plastic instead of Pro?

My favorite disc and most reliable is the Pro Pig. I absolutely love this disc but no longer have any new, fresh, stable ones in my collection. Instead of paying $15-20 for a new one, I was considering the R-Pro pig since they are $11 at my local shop. Any major differences to expect, or are they pretty consistent between the two plastics?

You should buy some for 15-20 if at all possible. Innova has ONLY produced Pigs in R-Pro for years now. Therefore, when all of the retailers run out of Pro Pigs everyone looking will only be able to find them on the secondary market....at $30+

R-Pro Pigs start out overstable, but quickly beat in. It sounds like that is not what you are seeking.

the two R-pro pigs that I own feel like regular pro plastic to me, they are nice and stiff and can take a beating. I have held a few pigs owned by other people that feel like R-pro in every way and seem like they would get bent out of shape on the first tree hit.

anybody else notice this?

I also have a pair of super stiff pro-like r-pro pigs. They are awesome, much different/better than the floppy r-pros. They're not particularly easy to find though...

I loved the Pig, still kinda do.. I converted to the Premium Jokeri. I feel like I have a space age amazing plastic next level Hog. I think you'll like it. Haven't looked back since.

the difference between the two is:

one is made out of garbage, and one is made out of pure sex. pro pigs should be very easily found and much cheaper since innova "found" a crate full and 1/2 the retailers have them for sale now.

I loved the Pig, still kinda do.. I converted to the Premium Jokeri. I feel like I have a space age amazing plastic next level Hog. I think you'll like it. Haven't looked back since.

My first run premo JOKERi is also amazing. Is also my downright favorite driving putter

I bought four more pigs today.... That puts me over 50 total. I'm set for life.... Maybe.

If you have to go with R-Pro, look for the max weight yellows. They are buttery, flat and stiff. Also much more durable than the floppy ones. I keep two Pro Pigs in the bag now that they released a bunch more, but for awhile I had one stiff yellow RPro and my trusty white Ace Pig. The yellow one held up and was still overstable, even after much beating. Using a floppy one, which I had for awhile, I had several chainouts during ace runs, but that was more from my angle and the speed in which it hit the chains.

I gave a floppy one to a begginer buddy of mine who didn't have a putter and it seemed to work fine for him. I wouldn't say that the RPro (floppy type) is pure garbage, but they will wear out fast and you'd probably need 4 or 5 of them to 1 pro. So really, its more economical to fork out some dough for Pro.

But Marshall Street, Disc Golf Center and a few others still have Pro Pigs in stock at regular price.

Latest posts