• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

problem with turning over

cody420

My discs for some reason keep turning over when I tried to throw them as hard as I can. I can't figure out why at first I was thinking they were just getting beat in then my katana started turning over and I don't know what im doing wrong

Mmmmmmmmmmm
Quaker-Oats.jpg

:D

Well a Katana is under stable and should turn over. However if this is happening with a stable disc, you have whats called Off axis torque(OAT). Something in your throw is causing you to turn your body on multiple axis causing the disc to flip.

Often this OAT can be caused by rolling your wrist over when you're accelerating through to the release point.

A video of your throws is the best way to get individual advice

this answer.^^^

what katana are your throwing? the pros are flippy. the stars are more stable and would be tougher to turn over.

the disc is too fast for most players (me included)

this answer.^^^

what katana are your throwing? the pros are flippy. the stars are more stable and would be tougher to turn over.

the disc is too fast for most players (me included)

I agree that these discs are too fast for most people. I have a Destroyer and almost always have to throw it with some sort of anny. I think it promotes poor form if you're not able to throw with 350+ power. I'm discing down to nothing higher than a speed 10.

"Hi, I have bad form but don't know it, please try and help me, i'm going to sign off know, so don't ask me any questions, because i can't follow up"

^ha! and to OP you don't have to throw a disc as hard as you can to get D, just clean snap and good smooth stroke is all it takes... i ve seen guys throw 250' just standing still...

I stand still always BH. I throw pretty hard, and arguably very far for a standstill. Much farther in fact than most of the people I play with. All about form, and while a run up helps it certainly isn't everything.

i concur with gcr_Russ. I've witnessed his form and his distance from a standstill... he was outdriving most of the guys in our flight at an A-tier with no run up.

BUT... not everyone is an undercover superhero like him ;) haha..

I stand still always BH. I throw pretty hard, and arguably very far for a standstill. Much farther in fact than most of the people I play with. All about form, and while a run up helps it certainly isn't everything.

i can second this. i stand still off the teepad, i was told by a very old disc golfer one day to cut the step approach until i've perfected a standstill throw. THEN incorporate the step-up.

only one of the people i play with does this too, and we are the most consistent shooters in our group most of the time.

Latest posts