• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodigy sues Gannon sues Prodigy

Funny that the document says over a million people will watch All Stars.

They are expecting disc golf to have 1/6th the audience of the NBA All-Star game? On a pay channel? They've gone full delusional...never go full delusional.

"2022 Cleveland All-Star Game saw a slight increase to 6.28 million over the 2021 Atlanta Game, which had 5.94 million."

They are expecting disc golf to have 1/6th the audience of the NBA All-Star game? On a pay channel? They've gone full delusional...never go full delusional.

"2022 Cleveland All-Star Game saw a slight increase to 6.28 million over the 2021 Atlanta Game, which had 5.94 million."

My guess is that if you count up all the YouTube streaming (like highlight clips, etc) it would probably hit a million. It's just a terrible way to count.

Now they're just making sh*t up - from the filing:

FACTUAL BACKGROUND
PDI is considered one of the top manufacturers of disc golf equipment in the country.

Well it's at least as good as Franklin, but I haven't checked their flashing lately.

Now they're just making sh*t up - from the filing:

FACTUAL BACKGROUND
PDI is considered one of the top manufacturers of disc golf equipment in the country.

Well it's at least as good as Franklin, but I haven't checked their flashing lately.

How many manufacturers are in the country? They are on that list at least....so if there are 10, then they can factually lay claim to being in the top 10.....even if they are #10....

That's really funny. I wonder what a poll of shop owners would say?

Per Infinite at https://infinitediscs.com/blog/best-disc-golf-discs/

Prodigy was their 9th best brand of 2022

They also have a little video that shows the top brand sales month by month since 2014 and Prodigy is in the top 15 for the whole video, in the top 10 most of the video

not to mention the popularity of their baskets on new courses and its not too much a stretch to think they are a top mfr of "disc golf equipment"

Hot take- I'm glad 'GB' is gone. He has typically presented himself as a spoiled kid IMO and the details of the lawsuit seem to match that vibe. GL GB, dont let the door hit ya on your way out

They also have a little video that shows the top brand sales month by month since 2014 and Prodigy is in the top 15 for the whole video, in the top 10 most of the video

not to mention the popularity of their baskets on new courses and its not too much a stretch to think they are a top mfr of "disc golf equipment"

Hot take- I'm glad 'GB' is gone. He has typically presented himself as a spoiled kid IMO and the details of the lawsuit seem to match that vibe. GL GB, dont let the door hit ya on your way out

I think people are talking about different things when they say "best brand" and "highest selling" brand. McDonald's chicken nuggets are not one of the best foods on the planet...but they're probably one of the highest selling. One is sales, the other is quality. I think people disputing the "considered a top manufacturer" are relating that to quality more than sales. You wouldn't have to be "considered" a top manufacturer if you were referring only to sales. It wouldn't matter if I consider Innova to be a top selling disc golf manufacturer...they either are or they aren't regardless of what i consider.

They WERE top 2, started dropping almost immediately, spent a couple of years outside of the top 10 behind 'hot' brands like Kastaplast and Gateway (so basically they didn't sell as well as Wizards).

If you held any of those original molds you wouldn't be surprised - they were ovals and they couldn't get them under legal weight. I was behind another big-splash manufacturer and I love to see the innovation and ideas of the upstarts, but Prodigy has repeatedly done things the wrong way in the last decade.

According to that video, it looks like prodigy has about 2% of sales. I know there's more to it but I wouldn't consider that to be a top disc manufacturer.

Prodigy gets 30 days to make good on Buhr's complaints. Buhr did not get 30 days to make good on Prodigy's complaints.

The 30 days was contractual though. Prodigy gets 30 days to cure issues that Buhr sends to them. If Prodigy has contract complaints with Buhr and wanted to terminate they probably got 30 days also. There's no more 30 day cure period once either side says "I'm terminating this due to breach". Prodigy doesn't have a complain that Buhr broke a contractual provision in order to continue the contract...their complaint is that the terminated it. There's no 30 day cure period to "unterminate" a contract.

The valid comparison would be if Buhr were required to post 1x/week to social media using a Prodigy mold name...and he didn't. Then Prodigy could send the 30 day cure to say "hey you didn't do this, we're going to terminate your contract unless you cure this".

Once a side says they're treating the contract as invalid, there's no longer a cure period under the contract that the side said is no longer in effect. It would be different if Buhr were just badmouthing Prodigy while still under contract...he didn't...he sent them notice he was terminating it.

Funny that the document says over a million people will watch All Stars.

The new viewing platform for DGN may not allow pausing and rewinding or transwomen in FPO but it does feature comments and a live count of active viewers.

For Sunday's MPO finale it hovered right around 940 viewers most of the day. Skills competition was a bit better on Friday, clocking in around 1200 viewers.

The 30 days was contractual though. Prodigy gets 30 days to cure issues that Buhr sends to them. If Prodigy has contract complaints with Buhr and wanted to terminate they probably got 30 days also. There's no more 30 day cure period once either side says "I'm terminating this due to breach". Prodigy doesn't have a complain that Buhr broke a contractual provision in order to continue the contract...their complaint is that the terminated it. There's no 30 day cure period to "unterminate" a contract.

The valid comparison would be if Buhr were required to post 1x/week to social media using a Prodigy mold name...and he didn't. Then Prodigy could send the 30 day cure to say "hey you didn't do this, we're going to terminate your contract unless you cure this".

Once a side says they're treating the contract as invalid, there's no longer a cure period under the contract that the side said is no longer in effect. It would be different if Buhr were just badmouthing Prodigy while still under contract...he didn't...he sent them notice he was terminating it.

So GB is NOT under contract with Prodigy any more.

137 that currently manufacture discs? Because the list you linked includes everything, including long defunct companies. (correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it'd be pretty crazy to currently call Quest Applied Technologies a US disc manufacturer).

fair point. didnt think of that.

fair point. didnt think of that.
I still agree with your general point - IMO Prodigy is a top manufacturer of disc golf equipment in the US, even if that list is a little shorter than 137. But, at the same time, what exactly constitutes being "a top manufacturer" might differ between people, so others can be free to disagree on it... I'd say if you're a top 10-15 manufacturer, in the current environment, you're a top manufacturer. Some people might limit that to just top 3. Some might even say if you're spending some time each year at the apex you're not "a top manufacturer."

General question: Does Prodigy have any products that are top sellers in their category at any point in a given year? OS Fairway? US Putter? Backpack bag?

Latest posts