• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodigy sues Gannon sues Prodigy

gannon should just play out this year. its like 9months (and actually less probably 6-7months in DG major/NT schedule wise).

hell he should try to play his best and win a ton and majors too.... follow the trend of "quiet quitting" and just play it out and put up good playing numbers/wins.

it'll save discmania a lot of money too.... hell he can then maybe get a bidding war going with a MVP or someone else too.

do a bunch of youtube videos of trading bags with other pros where he throws innova/MVP/Trilogy/etc.

make the: The Inevitable 2024 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread, interesting early!

I don't think Prodigy would let him do a bag swap with another player on YT. I recall seeing a video a while back where the players said they got permission from their sponsors to do the bag swap. I don't recall seeing that comment in other bag swap videos, but I'm pretty sure they would have to get approval from their sponsor.

I don't think Prodigy would let him do a bag swap with another player on YT. I recall seeing a video a while back where the players said they got permission from their sponsors to do the bag swap. I don't recall seeing that comment in other bag swap videos, but I'm pretty sure they would have to get approval from their sponsor.

According to his contract, he can't. Of course, according to his contract he shouldn't have any other logos on his apparel and he does that ALL the time.

On the other hand, what are they gonna do if he starts throwing other discs in videos? Terminate his contract for breach?

According to his contract, he can't. Of course, according to his contract he shouldn't have any other logos on his apparel and he does that ALL the time.

On the other hand, what are they gonna do if he starts throwing other discs in videos? Terminate his contract for breach?

Fine him?

Sounds like. if there's a breach, the party is notified, and has 30 days to comply. The satisfaction level of the offended party is not established, so…. Gannon can throw any discs. Prodigy notifies him, and then he has 30 days to stop. #law

A. Couldn't care less about British royalty.
2. I thought he was married, so isn't there a queen?
D. Never mind, I still DGAF

#2....Camillia isn't of royalty, so she can't be Queen. Just like Queen Elizabeth II's husband wasn't King Phillip he was Prince Phillip Royal Consort (I think that was the official title). Camilla is known as Queen Consort of the United Kingdom. The big reason for the "consort" name is that the person has no legal standing in the succession. So should King Charles III die before Camilla, she doesn't become Queen.

((Disclaimer, I'm not British, I'm American, but I lived over there for two years and learned quite a bit about the monarchy.))

"There can only be one hawk!"

"Wrong! There can be zero hawks."

Insert musical interlude: "One is not the onliest number that a hawk can do."

So, who's the bad guy here. Have we decided? Should I throw my PA1's in the recycle bin? Trash day is tomorrow so I need to know soon.

Hmmmm. While wearing a jersey without any Prodigy logos???? Interestingly, ever other pro in the all-stars had their sponsor on their jersey.

(Quick note -- today at LVC Gannon wore a Prodigy jersey.)

#2....Camillia isn't of royalty, so she can't be Queen. Just like Queen Elizabeth II's husband wasn't King Phillip he was Prince Phillip Royal Consort (I think that was the official title). Camilla is known as Queen Consort of the United Kingdom. The big reason for the "consort" name is that the person has no legal standing in the succession. So should King Charles III die before Camilla, she doesn't become Queen.

((Disclaimer, I'm not British, I'm American, but I lived over there for two years and learned quite a bit about the monarchy.))

A Queen Consort is still a queen. You probably mean that Camilla cannot be the monarch (head of the monarchy), but she is still Queen Consort which is a Queen. If/when Charles leaves the monarchy, William will become King and Kate will become Queen Consort. That's how it works (assuming they are alive and still married.) Camilla has never personally gone by her most high title. For example, being married to Charles (then Prince of Wales) all those years QE2 was alive entitled Camilla to the title Princess (just like Diana was) but she never used it. She chose instead to go by her dukedom title, the Duchess of Cornwall. I hear that she still prefers it, even over Queen Consort.

AND, had Prince Philip chosen to, he could have been King Consort all those years QE2 reigned; however, Philip was royalty in his own right, albeit through another country not England. So he felt (and I believe rightfully so) that going by his self-earned title (Prince Philip) was actaully HIGHER than going by the one he'd be "given" via marriage (King Consort).

Last edited:
From Cale Leiviska:

Cale Leiviska
·
Today marks the start of the 2023 @discgolfprotour season here in Vegas!! There are so many positives to be excited about, and one glaring topic that I feel the need to address. The current situation with Gannon and Prodigy Disc is clearly not ideal for either party. However, in the sporting landscape that disc golf has evolved into from just a game, disputes over contracts, buyouts, early termination and extensions inevitably come with that evolution. I'm not going into details here, but when contracts are signed, and large dollar offers are coming from outside sources, issues like this can and do arise. It has happened numerous times just in the past few years in our industry. In these cases, players have either been allowed to walk, or buyouts have occurred. Neither of those have occurred yet in this situation. In reality, there has not been a situation like this before. Gannon is one of the top 5 players in the world, and is only 17 years old. He has competed incomparably well with Prodigy Discs in hand, and has the potential to be one of the greatest to ever do it. Would you willingly let a generational talent like that go without a fight or without attempting to come to a resolution if you had signed him to a contract. And if you were Gannon, would you not be attempting to get more money if it were waiting on the table.. I didn't put question marks after those sentences because it doesn't really matter what side you take here, because you're not in either of these side's shoes. It is a delicate situation from both perspectives and I just want to open your eyes to both sides of the coin.. I am one of Gannon's biggest fans, and will do what I can to support him as I always have. And I also know that Prodigy has taken immeasurable landmark strides to further the financial health of the professional disc golf athlete by making salaried contracts the norm. I hope for and anticipate a solution ASAP, for the sake of everyone directly involved. And for those of you who aren't directly involved, who are outspoken for or against either side, try and reserve judgement until a solution is made, and hold yourself to the same standards you so vehemently speak on.

I wonder how this will work since it's going to a federal court and not state.

GA is general pro business, but I have a tiny bit of experience with a sports related non compete clause(wife was a coach and switched organizations) and if the cause would preclude you from making a living in your profession it's likely to be thrown out.

GA is general pro business, but I have a tiny bit of experience with a sports related non compete clause(wife was a coach and switched organizations) and if the cause would preclude you from making a living in your profession it's likely to be thrown out.

Good question. It has to be federal though because Buhr is in Iowa. You'd think the court would review with GA laws in reference, but who knows.

From Cale Leiviska:

Cale Leiviska
·
Today marks the start of the 2023 @discgolfprotour season here in Vegas!! There are so many positives to be excited about, and one glaring topic that I feel the need to address. The current situation with Gannon and Prodigy Disc is clearly not ideal for either party. However, in the sporting landscape that disc golf has evolved into from just a game, disputes over contracts, buyouts, early termination and extensions inevitably come with that evolution. I'm not going into details here, but when contracts are signed, and large dollar offers are coming from outside sources, issues like this can and do arise. It has happened numerous times just in the past few years in our industry. In these cases, players have either been allowed to walk, or buyouts have occurred. Neither of those have occurred yet in this situation. In reality, there has not been a situation like this before. Gannon is one of the top 5 players in the world, and is only 17 years old. He has competed incomparably well with Prodigy Discs in hand, and has the potential to be one of the greatest to ever do it. Would you willingly let a generational talent like that go without a fight or without attempting to come to a resolution if you had signed him to a contract. And if you were Gannon, would you not be attempting to get more money if it were waiting on the table.. I didn't put question marks after those sentences because it doesn't really matter what side you take here, because you're not in either of these side's shoes. It is a delicate situation from both perspectives and I just want to open your eyes to both sides of the coin.. I am one of Gannon's biggest fans, and will do what I can to support him as I always have. And I also know that Prodigy has taken immeasurable landmark strides to further the financial health of the professional disc golf athlete by making salaried contracts the norm. I hope for and anticipate a solution ASAP, for the sake of everyone directly involved. And for those of you who aren't directly involved, who are outspoken for or against either side, try and reserve judgement until a solution is made, and hold yourself to the same standards you so vehemently speak on.

"I didn't put question marks after those sentences because it doesn't really matter what side you take here..."

LOL, Cale channeling his inner Rock (Dwayne Johnson).

But his contract doesn't have a non compete clause. Maybe you can clarify what you're saying?

Latest posts