• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodigy T2

BCDan

Par Member
Any news on upcoming Prodigy baskets?

They currently have a T1, but are they releasing a T2?

First T2's should be hitting courses in less than a month at this point. Not sure where the T3's stand but it will be later than that.

So after a couple years on the market what are the opinions on the T2?

If that's what they have at the Preserve and/or Sahm park they're very nice.

In the vein of many other pro baskets. These like hard putts on the pole. Weak hits on either side get pushed out. High putts can stick but the play is hard center.

In the vein of many other pro baskets. These like hard putts on the pole. Weak hits on either side get pushed out. High putts can stick but the play is hard center.

Just to be sure, this is referring to the T2 and not the T1, right? Prodigy's site basically says that the T2 is a little more forgiving than the T1. If the T2 didn't really address that issue very well, that's a bummer. Thanks!

Just to be sure, this is referring to the T2 and not the T1, right? Prodigy's site basically says that the T2 is a little more forgiving than the T1. If the T2 didn't really address that issue very well, that's a bummer. Thanks!

The T2 is much more user friendly for softer putts than the T1. IMO the T2 catches like a hybrid of the T1 and a Discatcher. (...but the T3 is the best catching basket on the market and by far the best value on the market).

I have played on T1 (chains edge), T1v2 (BRP) and T2 (airborn preserve) and none of them want to catch middle and off to the side, especially right side for a right handed player. They are good targets though! Rarely feel like I was robbed of a good putt, just gotta hit the center!

Any new "pro" basket is gonna act this way. Pros putt hard and center and it seems like a race to make the best basket for that style of putt.

The T2 is much more user friendly for softer putts than the T1. IMO the T2 catches like a hybrid of the T1 and a Discatcher. (...but the T3 is the best catching basket on the market and by far the best value on the market).

Excellent. I'll check out the T3. :thmbup:

Does the T3 really catch that well? I think my favorite 2 targets have to be the Discatcher 28 or the Mach 5, those two are the gold standard. So if a T2 catches like those it's in good company. Unlike most I don't mind the T1 at all, for all my rounds at Spilman I think they've only ever dropped one good putt.

T3 looks like it would kick a lot though.

Does the T3 really catch that well? I think my favorite 2 targets have to be the Discatcher 28 or the Mach 5, those two are the gold standard. So if a T2 catches like those it's in good company. Unlike most I don't mind the T1 at all, for all my rounds at Spilman I think they've only ever dropped one good putt.

T3 looks like it would kick a lot though.

Yesterday I played 2 rounds on a course with Prodigy T3 baskets. First time I had ever seen them. I had absolutely no problems and they caught just as well as the Discatchers I'm used to playing on.

Visually it took some time to get used to the chain assembly design and they appeared to be a little narrower than Discatchers at first. After a few holes I didn't even notice. I think the presence of fewer chains makes you perceive a smaller basket initially.

I had one putt that hit the front chains and tip up to the dreaded cut-through angle as it went through but then caught on the backside chains. The horizontal chains seem to work well at reducing those.

Prodigy T2 Professional Disc Golf Target - video review

https://www.youtube.com/embed/7VwE2QIbH6Q

Hey all, I was in the market for a championship-tier disc golf basket and ended up getting a Prodigy T2. I know the Prodigy's are pretty polarizing, but my research showed me that this was because of the previous generation basket, the T1. Before I bought it I couldn't really find any detailed reviews online (aside from a guy on YouTube who was assembling a bunch of them). There are lots of reviews for the $100-200 range practice basket, but not a lot at the championship level.

Turns out the Prodigy T2 is an great value for a top-tier basket. All of the controversy of the T1 seems to be gone, in my opinion. Dead center putts don't push back out, and wide putts catch very well - on par with the competition. With a nice build and lots of color options, what you've got here is a great catching basket at about 3/5ths the price of some of its competitors in this range.

I hope this review helps guide you if you are making an investment like this and you don't have to go into it blind like I did.

(FYI: This is an unbiased review. I bought the basket with my hard earned $$ and wasn't compensated in any way whatsoever. I am not associated with or sponsored by Prodigy or any other company - but hit me up if you want to sponsor my lifelong mediocrity at the sport :D )

Hey, there. Do you know of any courses with the T3? As we continue to consider upgrading the baskets at the Central Assembly of God course, I am becoming more apprehensive regarding the couple that I had been considering. For <$100 more per basket we can get the heavier material of the T3. I'd like to be able to play on them to check them out first, though.

Thanks. Jim

Shot on T3's today at Raptors Roost in Virginia. Wasn't a huge fan, I saw a couple weird push outs where the disc got kind of hung in the assembly, and then when it swung back forward, the disc got pushed out and it didn't catch.
Wasn't a huge problem for me, cause I'm the softest putter in the world, but I was playing with 2 people and they both had a kick out in 18 holes.

Hey, there. Do you know of any courses with the T3? As we continue to consider upgrading the baskets at the Central Assembly of God course, I am becoming more apprehensive regarding the couple that I had been considering. For <$100 more per basket we can get the heavier material of the T3. I'd like to be able to play on them to check them out first, though.

Thanks. Jim

There are T3's at Cacapon Resort State Park in WV but course is not open yet. Raptor's Roost has them. Lake Ridge Golf Course and Forest Greens Golf Course in NOVA will both have them- Lake Ridge soon, Forest Greens by the end of the year. Kreekside (private) in Stafford VA has them. Seems like I am leaving something out...

IMO they are very hard to beat for bang for the buck. If you need help getting them let me know.

There are T3's at Cacapon Resort State Park in WV but course is not open yet. Raptor's Roost has them. Lake Ridge Golf Course and Forest Greens Golf Course in NOVA will both have them- Lake Ridge soon, Forest Greens by the end of the year. Kreekside (private) in Stafford VA has them. Seems like I am leaving something out...

IMO they are very hard to beat for bang for the buck. If you need help getting them let me know.

Appreciate it. I'll probably wait til Cacapon opens to try them out. And it will be a while, if the upgrade happens at all. We're starting a league this week and it will be interesting to see how it grows.

Thanks. I'll hit you up if the upgrade becomes a reality. Jim