• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Prometheus

Limited, numbered run of jimbosprint "Circuit Stamp" Prometheus now available from Salient's website.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 524642_240905722740860_2103005383_n.jpg
    524642_240905722740860_2103005383_n.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 222
I might have to try one of those out to see what all the fuss is about.

Anyone else's Heliums turned flippy on them? There is a shot at the Dragons Lair course here that I was using the Prometheus for. Its hole 3 from the long tee...about a 350 foot downhill shot, but there is a wall right behind the basket. I was just piping the Prometheus down there because it was so straight and still had plenty of speed to bust through and of the numerous branches int he way of the tunnel. Last week I was making a serious ace run on it and sent it into the wall with some stank.

While there is no visible damage, let's just say the Prometheus is no longer the disc I previously enjoyed. It's got major turn...MAJOR turn. It's become a decent roller disc now, but I don't throw enough rollers to keep it in the bag. Anyone else noticed this yet? It's odd because while I've had plenty of discs do this before after a good hearty dinger, this is the first one that has shown no visible damage to correspond with the flight change.

Last edited:
Anyone else's Heliums turned flippy on them? There is a shot at the Dragons Lair course here that I was using the Prometheus for. Its hole 3 from the long tee...about a 350 foot downhill shot, but there is a wall right behind the basket. I was just piping the Prometheus down there because it was so straight and still had plenty of speed to bust through and of the numerous branches int he way of the tunnel. Last week I was making a serious ace run on it and sent it into the wall with some stank.

While there is no visible damage, let's just say the Prometheus is no longer the disc I previously enjoyed. It's got major turn...MAJOR turn. It's become a decent roller disc now, but I don't throw enough rollers to keep it in the bag. Anyone else noticed this yet? It's odd because while I've had plenty of discs do this before after a good hearty dinger, this is the first one that has shown no visible damage to correspond with the flight change.

have you tried tuning it back? it may just be the warps from the hit and you can tune those back into place

The main one i was using developed wayyy more turn over the span of about a week. Plastic feels great but starts to really beat-in easily and is pretty soft overall. There is no tuning this plastic IMO in FR's atleast.

i guess it kinda makes sense that these would lose stability - with such a wide rim/diameter, the PLH may be more prone to getting mashed down on impact.

i'd also like to know how far people can throw these backhand and if it flies fast or gets more distance off of glide and turn.

EDIT: nvm, read horsmann's post.

FWIW hes a hater on the disc.. its not as fast as the rim would suggest. Not really sure what you mean by if it gets distance off glide/turn. Apparently the helium fly "better" but no experience there.

I was just shocked how much it lost stability. I bagged these as a solo max d driver to really give them a fair shot but left me underwhelmed. I think anyone who can throw 350' really wont see any benefits of this unique design over any other distance driver out there and for sure not for the small hand people.

i guess it kinda makes sense that these would lose stability - with such a wide rim/diameter, the PLH may be more prone to getting mashed down on impact.

i'd also like to know how far people can throw these backhand and if it flies fast or gets more distance off of glide and turn.

EDIT: nvm, read horsmann's post.

I get about 50' less distance backhand with the prometheus. To be fair its one of the heavy ones and I havent tried a light one and only would if I didnt have to purchase it. But it has a very slow yet farish flight to it. By that I mean that looks likes its flying really slow yet for how slow it looks it still goes decently far. It has a bit of turn for me but the fade at the end of the disc is just silly crazy because it fades stronger than any disc I have ever thrown. It is also very senstive to nose angle. If you keep the disc low you will achieve a flight like I am describing but if you give it some height and try to get it to flip and get distance, it will just hyzer almost instantly. The plastic is nice but the flight really is one of kind.

oh yeah, i was just looking for distances and speed - i wasn't trying to imply it told me everything i need to know about the disc, haha. i threw it a while back and gave up on it after a couple field sessions, went back to discing down for a bit.

edit again - thanks for chiming back in. that was probably part of my problem: i throw with hyzer a lot, which is something i'm working on.

That's a sick stamp. If I come across one I think I'll trade for it. If only I hadn't made kilgus mad then I could've been a tester. I always blow it. What happened to the positive salient thread made just today? Already got deleted? You guys are harsh. I want a prometheus now.

Latest posts